HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Do These Congressmen/Wome...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 12:21 PM

Do These Congressmen/Women & Senators Like Each Other Or Is There Real Animosity ......

between them. They address each other as "my friend(s) across the aisle" but are they really friends? I guess I'm putting myself in their place and I don't think I could be friends with people that stab me in the back every chance they get or are so much of a hypocrite.

Do they really like each other or are they just pretending to be civil to each other?

2 replies, 509 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Do These Congressmen/Women & Senators Like Each Other Or Is There Real Animosity ...... (Original post)
global1 Feb 2013 OP
Teamster Jeff Feb 2013 #1
Joe Shlabotnik Feb 2013 #2

Response to global1 (Original post)

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 12:44 PM

1. I think that in the past is was beneficial for them to stay respectful of each other

If the two parties couldn't reach a compromise on one issue they knew that tomorrow it was possible that they would work together on the next issue. Now days the GOP obstructs or blocks any and all debate so that there is little hope of working together on anything. So, civility is breaking down.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to global1 (Original post)

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 03:03 PM

2. Its the other way around

Displays of animosity are bread and circuses for the masses. Congress critters are united in 2 objectives: enrich themselves, and get re-elected to keep the graft going. JMHO

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread