HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Illinois Republican compl...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 12:05 PM

Illinois Republican complains that marriage equality discriminates against bigots

Sure is getting harder and harder for the bigots, isn't it? On Thursday, Illinois's state Senate voted to legalize marriage equality. And while the bill faces tougher opposition in the House, the governor has promised to sign it into law if it passes the legislature, which would make Illinois the 10th state to legally undermine the sanctity of Newt Gingrich's three marriages.

So of course we can hear the last desperate gasps of bigotry, like from state Sen. Kyle McCarter (R-of course), who took to Facebook:

To redefine marriage is discriminatory towards those who hold the sincerely held religious belief that it is a sacred institution between a man & a woman.

Waaaaah. These complaints are getting so tired, aren't they? Face it, homophobes: Equality is coming. It's coming to the Pentagon, it's coming to a state near you, and one day, it's going to be the law of the land everywhere, and your grandchildren are going to shake their heads in disbelief that there was ever a time when it was socially acceptable to hate people because of whom they love. So whine now if you must, but equality is definitely coming.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/15/1187375/-Illinois-Republican-complains-that-marriage-equality-discriminates-against-nbsp-bigots

2 replies, 446 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Illinois Republican complains that marriage equality discriminates against bigots (Original post)
HarveyDarkey Feb 2013 OP
CurtEastPoint Feb 2013 #1
Flashmann Feb 2013 #2

Response to HarveyDarkey (Original post)

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 12:24 PM

1. Apple didn't fall far from that tree...

The Senator and his wife, Victoria, are the parents of two sons. Kyle is a 1984 graduate of Oral Roberts University with a degree in Accounting. He and his family are members of Faith Family Church in Shiloh, Illinois.

Loving this 'review' of above church: http://www.ripoffreport.com/liars/faith-family-church/faith-family-church-fraud-s-6d45d.htm

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HarveyDarkey (Original post)

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 12:32 PM

2. It's becoming a personal embarrassment

That I live in Illinois.......Jesse Jackson Jr...Three Governors sent to prison in my lifetime,Kerner,Ryan and Blogo and a list of other Pols I couldn't begin to name,being disgraced and/or criminally charged,of both party's..

Then the Joe Walshs,the Rodney Davis's and now this McCarter asshat......

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread