HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Well Damn, I just got seq...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:54 PM

Well Damn, I just got sequestered. And I've only had this job for 3 months after not working for 9.

Not going to seek out DOD jobs anymore. Going to seek out healthcare industry for IT work. Just updated resume on Monster this week and getting spammed by Farmers Insurance wanting me to become agent. Since I live in Alabama home of tornadoes maybe that might be an alternative but my background is computers. I guess they will just run themselves.

8 replies, 988 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Well Damn, I just got sequestered. And I've only had this job for 3 months after not working for 9. (Original post)
bamademo Feb 2013 OP
msongs Feb 2013 #1
bamademo Feb 2013 #8
HipChick Feb 2013 #2
bamademo Feb 2013 #4
midwest irish Feb 2013 #3
cherokeeprogressive Feb 2013 #5
bamademo Feb 2013 #7
abelenkpe Feb 2013 #6

Response to bamademo (Original post)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:31 PM

1. soon there will drones behind every cloud. there's a job growth industry to try nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msongs (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:17 AM

8. Don't appreciate your snark. Mom is in Hospice care...

I didn't work for the longest period of my life finishing my degree and taking care of her. I will take any job I can get that pays decent wage even if it means evil DOD. For your information, I didn't like this job and have been looking while working, paying taxes and having health insurance which I didn't have for a long time.

Please don't take a self righteous tone. We all do what we have to to earn a living.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:38 PM

2. Are you able to relocate?

Reply to this post

Response to HipChick (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:57 PM

4. No, I live in Huntsville, Al. DOD heaven until now.

W. has screwed us for a long time. I had a great job 1998-2001. Bush is elected. 9/11. I'm laid off. After 18 months I find a great job where I worked for 8 years. Then came 2008 and stock market crash. Laid off again. Since then, I've worked shitty temp contract jobs that never panned out because of economy. I have a degree and an secret clearance.

My Mother is under Hospice care and now I have to un-employ the two lovely ladies who took care of her while I worked. And I'm awful at taking care of bed ridden people. Plus, I just got health insurance again. I wish W. all the fires of hell for what he did to the US.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:39 PM

3. 22 day

furlough at Maxwell?

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:59 PM

5. I know at least one DUer who would celebrate your loss of employment.

There's at least one who abhors anyone who works for the MIC.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this and wish you all the best in your coming job search.

Reply to this post

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:09 PM

7. When MIC is major employer here you do what you have to do...

Best job I ever had was working for Army Medcom contract. Healthcare for all Army. No weapons of MD. I got to work with wounded warriors and was really proud of that. I don't want another job working for companies that make weapons. I can't morally do it anymore. Perhaps I will seek a teaching certificate. I already have a degree so it shouldn't take that long.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:07 PM

6. So sorry!

Hope you find better work right away!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread