HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fugitive L.A. ex-cop died...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:46 PM

Fugitive L.A. ex-cop died from likely self-inflicted gunshot

Source: Reuters

Fugitive L.A. ex-cop died from likely self-inflicted gunshot

By Dana Feldman
SAN BERNARDINO, California | Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11pm EST

(Reuters) - A fugitive former police officer whose charred remains were found in a burned-out California mountain cabin following a standoff with police died from a possibly self-inflicted gunshot wound, a San Bernardino County Sheriff's spokesman said on Friday.

An autopsy determined that Christopher Dorner, 33, was killed by a single gunshot wound to the head, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Captain Kevin Lacy told a news conference.

Lacy said authorities had not yet determined who fired that single round. But, he said: "The information we have seems to indicate that the wound that took Christopher Dorner's life was self inflicted."

-snip-

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/16/us-usa-california-cop-idUSBRE91F00E20130216

1 replies, 261 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fugitive L.A. ex-cop died from likely self-inflicted gunshot (Original post)
Eugene Feb 2013 OP
man4allcats Feb 2013 #1

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:56 PM

1. Not surprising.

Had I been in his situation, that's exactly what I would have done. He made his statement even though it cost some innocents their lives. There was nothing left.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread