HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » For those who would vote ...

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:11 AM

For those who would vote for Hillary in 2016 but would not vote for Rahm,

What do you see as the most significant differences in policies between these candidates that would cause you to support one and not the other?

Or is it more about personality and style?

I ask because of the hostility displayed towards Rahm Emanuel in another thread.

8 replies, 803 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply For those who would vote for Hillary in 2016 but would not vote for Rahm, (Original post)
Nye Bevan Feb 2013 OP
LWolf Feb 2013 #1
theKed Feb 2013 #2
kickysnana Feb 2013 #3
Angry Dragon Feb 2013 #4
Puzzledtraveller Feb 2013 #5
sadbear Feb 2013 #7
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 #6
KharmaTrain Feb 2013 #8

Response to Nye Bevan (Original post)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:41 AM

1. I don't know who I'll vote for in 2016.

I know it won't be Rahm, whose neoliberal stances, hypocrisy, corruption, and general assholeness earns him nothing but a boot in the ass.

I'm not a big fan of Hillary, either. I never have been. I support liberal left Democrats. Neoliberal/centrist/3rd way/"New Democrats" aren't on my list of prospects.

If I'm faced with another lesser evil vote, education will be at the top of the list as a deciding factor. Rahm's not going to win that one going against any other main stream Democrat. He could tie with Arne Duncan, if Arne chose to run against him, I guess.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:47 AM

2. I'm waiting for graham4anything.

Wonder if he brought his pom-poms today

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:47 AM

3. Rahm is arrogant, stupid and ambitiously political to the core. n/t

Rahm would do or say anything to be elected and then say or do whatever it was he needed to get to the next run in his political game plan whether or not it had anything that came before, which does not include the wellbeing of America or Americans unless it is expedient to his or his cronies aspirations.

I have never seen Rahm display any compassion or conscience

Hillary has ambition but she also has compassion, intelligence and conscience. She does care about America and Americans.

Rahm is the same ilk as the pedophile protecting, woman hating Pope that is stepping down, Karl Rove and Bush Jr. He just uses a different script.

My opinion for years now.

Reply to this post

Response to kickysnana (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:57 AM

4. +3,002

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:58 AM

5. +3003

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:14 AM

7. I wouldn't say he's stupid.

I think he could be the president we all wish President Obama would be. He'd put the fucking republicans in their place. (But I probably still wouldn't vote for him in the primary.)

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:14 AM

6. Rahm Emmanuel is ex-Goldman Sachs. GS already have an Italian PM and Greek officials

and the European Central Bank so America is next.

Also, FWIW, Hillary Clinton used to work at the Rose law firm which Monsanto used to hire out. I'll have to see if she actually directly worked for Monsanto in this capacity because if so there is absolutely no way I'd vote for her. Monsanto already have their ex-attorney Clarence Thomas in the Supreme Court (he doesn't recuse from Monsanto cases), ex-executive Michael Taylor in the FDA...here's a Venn diagram of others:

http://redgreenandblue.org/2012/02/02/monsanto-employees-in-the-halls-of-government-part-2/

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.” ~Benito Mussolini

Michael Taylor:

On July 7, 2009, Taylor once again returned to government as Senior Advisor to the FDA Commissioner. And on January 13, 2010, he was appointed to another newly created post at the FDA, this time as Deputy Commissioner for Foods.

Taylor is featured in the documentaries The Future of Food and The World According to Monsanto as a pertinent example of revolving door since he is a lawyer who has spent the last few decades moving between Monsanto and the FDA and USDA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:18 AM

8. Rahm Needs To Win Re-Election First...

He's by no means a shoe-in for a second term in 2015. It's way to early to figure whose gonna do what and where in 2016...including Hillary. If we went by the early handicappers we'd already have had Presidents Cuomo, Bradley, Dean and Hillary Clinton...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread