HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Oakland PD used the same ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 PM

Oakland PD used the same "stifle media and lie about what happened" tactic as was done to Dorner.

Immediately before the first riot police attack upon Occupy Oakland in which Veteran Scott Olsen, standing perfectly still, was very nearly killed by police, Oakland authorities told media to cut their feeds. Two helicopter live feeds complied. Police then attacked the protesters with rubber bullets, tear gas, and flash-bang grenades. Oakland PD released a document stating that protesters were throwing M-80 explosives at police, among other things, and that as a result, police had to use a small amount of tear gas.

Lies.

Protesters were standing, were no threat to police, and multiple videos prove this. The explosive sounds heard were the flash-bangs thrown by police at protesters, including into a group which had gathered to help Scott Olsen, who was lying motionless only feet from the police line (police did not make a single move to help).

Evidence:

http://occupyobservations.blogspot.com/2012/01/oakland-officials-caught-in-lies-about.html

When sheriffs cornered Dorner, they ordered media to shut down all feeds, even tweeting (!), so they could hide setting the small wooden cabin on fire with seven fire-spewing smoke grenades, leaving people to conclude Dorner had done it to himself. Police were discussing on the scanner to go ahead with the "burn plan". Note that those who tweeted for media to cease, have since deleted those posts, as have many media outlets who replied that they would comply. Cops continued shouting on the scanner to burn it down, we have a fire.

He brought attention to corruption. They executed him with fire and tried to cover it up. Without the scanner evidence, they may have gotten away with it.

What could they have done differently? How about "waited"? They had him under siege and could have out-waited him. No, they were shooting to kill from the very beginning, as evidenced by three incidents of four citizens being shot at who did not resemble a 280-pound black man. 64 bullets at two women before positive ID could be made (they weren't even trying). Note that German police released some 85 bullets total during 2011, and 49 of those were warning shots. There are real issues of deadly, destructive policy occurring evidently across southern California on the part of law agencies. When law agencies lie, they disqualify themselves. Sure, they're going to pay that $1,000,000 reward designed to speed learning his location...oops, the reward depends upon his being taken alive and brought into a court of law. Some of us here, myself included, stated that they would not and did not intend to bring him in alive. He could then have made his case regarding LAPD corruption to the entire world.

(NYPD also demanded media stay away and must cut communications immediately prior to attacking Zuccotti. Cut the feed, eliminate journalists. This is the same tactic and journalists are merely LAPDogs if they comply. Many were targeted and arrested for attempting to tell these stories, or for merely covering it.)

Police departments know they can say anything they want when there is no evidence against them. Even when there is, they can lie because the evidence against them will not always reach the same number of people as hear the PD lies on mainstream media. So mainstream media are twice damned as tools of state instead of telling the truth to the people of the country and allowing them to decide for themselves.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations." ~George Orwell

(Do I have to even say that NO this does not mean that I condone his alleged crimes? Why do I or any other DUer need to qualify this lest there be argument? And please do not report this as creative speculation as I am demonstrating a clear trend. I was on social media during the execution and many were discussing the "burn plan" spoken of on the scanner before the cabin erupted in flames.)

Sources, some posted in other GD threads:

How Law Enforcement and Media Covered Up the Plan to Burn Christopher Dorner Alive

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/how-law-enforcement-and-media-covered-plan-burn-christopher-dorner-alive?page=0%2C2&akid=10054.1070654.W3ae4E&rd=1&src=newsletter794508&t=5&paging=off

Christopher Dorner Cabin Fire Not Set On Purpose, Sheriff Says

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/sheriff-cabin-not-purpose_n_2681746.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D270301

(One of the characters in the above link causes it to break on teh DU, so here is an alternate path with a preview.)

http://preview.tinyurl.com/byuy4yb

"Seven burners (flame-spewing tear gas grenades) deployed and we have a fire." Confirmed and repeated by dispatch.

10 replies, 896 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Response to Coyote_Tan (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:20 PM

3. I DID NOT SYMPATHIZE WITH DORNER. Take it elsewhere. This is only about PD corruption

and their attempting to hide an execution which should have been a siege, and how other PDs used the exact same tactic to hide LIES.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Reply #3)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:52 PM

7. Got your back on this one, pardner.

At Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:41 PM you sent an alert on the following post:

Fuck Dorner...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2377666

REASON FOR ALERT:

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. (See <a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=aboutus#communitystandards" target="_blank">Community Standards</a>.)

YOUR COMMENTS:

Essentially saying "fuck you" to one of DU's oldest and best. SHAME!!!!

A randomly-selected Jury of DU members completed their review of this alert at Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:49 PM, and voted 4-2 to HIDE IT.

Juror #1 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: I don't see any rules broken and I agree with the sentiment. I have no reason to vote to hide. Leave It.
Juror #2 voted to HIDE IT and said: No explanation given
Juror #3 voted to HIDE IT and said: Post is inappropriate. The OP can convey what they are trying to say without being in violation of DU policy.
Juror #4 voted to HIDE IT and said: No explanation given
Juror #5 voted to HIDE IT and said: Hide and send this dirt to MIRT.
Juror #6 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: It's an understandable reaction. When a murderer can no longer murder, that's a good day.

Thank you.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #7)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 12:37 AM

8. I don't know if I'm one of DU's best unless you count that as calling bullshit regardless of whom

is president and every now and then falling flat on my face, but thanks. Having been here a while does not innoculate me from having to be responsible. I believe there are people here who would like to see me PRR'd for whatever reason: anti-Occupy, never critique the party or president, etc. :/

I'm confused as to what Juror 3 implied:

"Juror #3 voted to HIDE IT and said: Post is inappropriate. The OP can convey what they are trying to say without being in violation of DU policy."

Has there been a decision to PRR Dorner sympathizers?

Reply to this post

Response to Coyote_Tan (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:40 PM

6. Don't you dare waltz in here and talk like that to him.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:19 PM

2. I think we'll never know the truth Fire Walk With Me.

I've only read 1 story regarding the coroner's report, was a cause of death established? Bullet? Burned to death? Smoke inhalation?

Clearing away the media, scrubbed twitter conversations, overheard scanner feeds in the heat of the moment, the fact that police officers shot at people who hadn't even been given an opportunity to show ID. They were shooting to kill weren't they? If any of those people happened to be Dorner, he'd have been dead by gunshot long before the blaze of glory scene. I also believe that as some DUers have mentioned, he could have arranged surrender to journalists, clergy, lawyers, any 3rd party really. But he didn't, don't even think he wanted to if we can believe what he wrote in his manifesto. Donating one's brain to science doesn't sound like he intended to go peacefully.

The entire situation is tragic. I hope that everything possible will be done to prevent this from happening again.

We'd like to believe we live in a civilized society but I suspect it's just a carefully created illusion.

Reply to this post

Response to nc4bo (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:22 PM

4. He possibly knew that they'd execute him, I don't know but would surmise it as being possible.

Cops may tend to come out guns blazing, citizens be damned, if a(n alleged) cop killer is on the loose. I'd have to examine data to see how many suspected cop killers have been executed and how many taken to stand trial in a court of law.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:32 PM

5. I don't think Dornor was burned alive. He had a gun and planned on suicide at the end

Why would he let himself be burned to death. ANYONE who had a gun would have shot them self...rather than being burned alive. Besides I heard a shot was fired just before the fire started. However, I have a hard time believing the cops didn't start the fire. Who are they kidding?

Reply to this post

Response to Auntie Bush (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 12:53 AM

9. They said they HAD to do it:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-hot-gas-that-burned-cabin-was-last-resort.html

Dorner manhunt: 'Hot gas' that burned cabin was last resort
February 14, 2013 | 1:13 pm

SWAT officers in the cabin standoff with murder suspect Christopher Dorner decided to use highly flammable "hot gas" canisters as a last resort after other efforts to persuade Dorner to surrender failed, according to law enforcement sources.

Officers made the decision to use the canisters, which caused the cabin to catch fire, Tuesday as the sun was setting and authorities worried about dealing with Dorner at night in the remote Big Bear area, said the sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. Dorner had continued to fire on officers, and they feared more deputies would be hurt or killed, they added.

Authorities had chased Dorner into the cabin on Seven Oaks Road on Tuesday afternoon amid a massive gun battle in which one San Bernardino County deputy was killed and another badly wounded.

Law enforcement officers lobbed conventional tear gas into the cabin, but when Dorner failed to emerge they used CS gas canisters, a more intense weapon known to start fires, and sent in a demolition vehicle. Dorner is believe to have died inside, though it is unclear if the fire caused his death.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:40 AM

10. The police asking for media blackout does not equal police corruption.

Nor does it indicate intent to burn someone alive. In fact, it is standard procedure in situations in which the media could be filming or broadcasting and thus giving a heads up to the person they're attempting to arrest. In Dorner's case, he had already murdered people. The last thing they wanted was for him to have specific information about officers' positions so he could gun them down, too. He had already shot 2 in Big Bear, killing one of them. It is a common self-defense practice. Do you understand or do you think Dorner should have been given the opportunity to murder even more policemen in Big Bear?

I find your attempt to paint all police officers and departments as corrupt very disturbing. I also find your attempt to link events from one community to another to another, in different situations, even in different states, with only a thin thread tying them together, to be very disturbing. I find it quite disturbing that with everything that happened with Dorner, your vitriol has only been aimed at the police. Very disturbing indeed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread