HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Message auto-removed

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:58 AM

Message auto-removed

14 replies, 645 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Gentle-man (Original post)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM

1. I totally agree. I was very upset at how poorly The President did at the

first debate with romney. He looked nervous and ill prepared. I got very angry that the media refused to focus on what he said and what is the truth and what is a lie.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM

2. Its tribalism plain and simple

We hate their tribe and so why shouldn't we piss on them.

That said, it's not like the republican policy of calling us on trivial and silly things hasn't paid dividends. So it might also be good politics.

On the other hand, the Republican Base is limbaugh-fied. I'm not sure our base is quite so focused on hating and destroying the other side. And our base is naturally a bit more fractured than theirs is. Our side has a lot of people that just plain care about issues, and are not willing to drop their issues to focus on hating the other guys.

So I don't know. On a moral level picking on trivial stuff just seems mean and I don't approve of meanness.

Bryant

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

3. While rubio is a water bottle swigging moron,...

...it is much more the fact that he is a compulsive liar and an idiot that would make him a bad president than the sipping.

PEACE!

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:08 AM

4. I could care less about the water drinking rubio story

but I don't buy that you are a liberal.

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:11 AM

5. Why would anyone be discussing Rubio's views on education now?

Rubio botched his first appearance on the national stage. Of course we are going to talk about that now.

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:11 AM

6. LOL. OMG, are you serious? The bottle-sipping was just the icing on the cake of a

flop-sweaty massive choke on national TV--AND a somewhat plagiarized speech from Mittens Romney!

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:12 AM

7. "We liberals"?

Seriously, you're putting the smears against Gore in the same category as laughing at what was a truly funny moment?

With the 24/7 focus on Dorner, I find these complaints about people laughing at Rubio to be utterly disingenuous.

Rubio PAC Selling Water Bottles After SOTU
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/rubio-pac-selling-water-bottles-after-sotu

If you're interested in what Al Gore thinks of the media, see the quote in the following:

Washington Post Overlooks Obama’s Extensive Remarks On Climate And Energy
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/13/1589541/washington-post-overlooks-obamas-extensive-remarks-on-climate-and-energy/

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:16 AM

8. I didn't even see it. Don't care to. Like you said what is important are his policies which suck.

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:19 AM

9. Welcome to DU

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:20 AM

10. I would argue that it's indicative of poor decision-making skills...

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:21 AM

11. Again, if the GOP ca play this game, it is fair game

Rubio choked. He couldn't spew the GOP lines on cue without suffering from dry mouth. One could see panic on his face.

This man was trotted out to debunk the SOTU and show America their 2016 presidential hopeful. Just like they trotted out their Jindal hopeful.

If this empty suit collapses over words, I am fairly certain he would have finished reading "My Pet Goat" on 9-11.

Have you noticed their hopefuls seem to be "tokens" Jindal, Palin, Rubio...People who benefitted from equal opportunity legislation but will denounce it now that they have theirs.

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:22 AM

12. Rubio's water is just a symbol of the entire Republican Party Rot. The thing that makes it funny

just like Jindal's rebuttal was funny is the build up the GOP gives these guys. They are the next big thing, they are the New Party, so much fanfare and then no payoff.
That highlights a long and thick list of errors and problems in the Republican Party, not only do they select doofus after doofus to be their new messiah, they don't bother to prep them, help them learn how to take the national stage. They push those saps out there apparently actually thinking they ARE the next big talent, just like Obama and all that. Where is their Party's support for their big new stars?
It takes an entire Party of fools to pick a Rubio and put him on TV with that unprepared and rambling presentation. The water was just a sight gag that got big laughs because it came in the midst of an overall failure.

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:28 AM

13. Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms

have the right to use the editorial "we."

M. Twain

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:31 AM

14. If he were to do that when he was trying to calm the nation, we would see it

as evidence of concern and malaise.

If he were to do that during a debate, he would lose.