HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Damn... Just Had This Tho...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:22 PM

Damn... Just Had This Thought... Maybe We Do Have More In Common Than We Think...

Liberal: I DO NOT want the government to have a free pass to bypass our rights and possibly kill us.

Conservative: I DO NOT want the government to have a free pass to bypass our rights and possibly kill us.

Centrists: I DO NOT want the government to have a free pass to bypass our rights and possibly kill us.

Maybe ???

7 replies, 658 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Damn... Just Had This Thought... Maybe We Do Have More In Common Than We Think... (Original post)
WillyT Feb 2013 OP
jollyreaper2112 Feb 2013 #1
WillyT Feb 2013 #2
hollysmom Feb 2013 #3
one_voice Feb 2013 #4
jollyreaper2112 Feb 2013 #5
Puzzledtraveller Feb 2013 #6
woo me with science Feb 2013 #7

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:23 PM

1. Splitter!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jollyreaper2112 (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 PM

2. LOL !!! - You Are Correct... And I Am Soooooo Ashamed....

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:28 PM

3. I think the difference is - what rights are we talking about.

Liberal - everyone has a right to heath and happiness
Conservative - I have the right to health and happiness and if my happiness infringes on your rights - so be it.

Centrists are imaginary numbers.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:29 PM

4. I think you might be on to something...

question is do any of those groups want the government bypassing someone else's rights--you know maybe for the greater good.

You think the Conservatives (teabaggers specifically) might have wanted to see some skull busting when it came to Occupy protesters? They seemed to really hate them. Or maybe terrorists?

How how about Liberals, any groups come to mind for them--teabaggers maybe? I don't know any, this is just a question..

I think for the most part the answer to the above is no. But there are some that get carried away...those are the ones we need to keep our eye on..

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:03 PM

5. Well

I get necessary support when I get my disability. That ethnic slur down the block is collecting welfare and I can't stand it!

That's usually how it goes. Look at the Ron Paul debacle. He's all for market solutions until they don't go his way, then he appeals to government to make things right.

I don't tend to find liberals in that kind of hypocrisy as much. It usually requires more doublethink and mendacity. The closest you get is a pacifist asking someone to protect them from violence with threat of violence. But it's rare to find such ridiculous stereotypes in the wild.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:06 PM

6. One common thread does not a sweater make

Having said that I am one of those that would love to see the day we aren't picking and choosing our friends based on a R, a D, or anything else. Just love, and yes, I am a dreamer.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:09 PM

7. HUGE K&R The greatest fear of oligarchs and authoritarians

is that we will figure out that they are dividing us into battling groups and oppressing and stealing from ALL of us...

....And unite to stop them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread