HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Audio catches cops shouti...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:36 PM

Audio catches cops shouting ‘Burn this motherf*cker!’ during Dorner siege

Scanner audio apparently broadcast by the Los Angeles CBS affiliate KCAL on Tuesday captured angry officers yelling to “burn this motherfucker” prior to a cabin fire that is thought to have burned the body of fugitive ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

In a video recording posted to YouTube on Tuesday, the anchor pauses to let the viewer hear the mostly-inaudible scanner traffic.

“Do it right now,” one voice says. “Fucking burn this motherfucker!”

“Police officers, understandably upset,” the anchor explains.

A separate recording of scanner traffic — which has not been verified — features officers talking about going forward “with the burn.”

“All right, Steve, we’re gonna go — we’re gonna go forward with the plan, with — with the burn,” a male voice on the recording instructs. “We want it like we talked about.”

“Seven burners deployed and we have a fire,” the voice later adds.

“Copy,” a female voice replies. “Seven burners deployed and we have a fire.”

“Guys, be ready on the number four side. We have fire in the front. He might come out the back,” a male voice says.

As the Modesto Bee noted last year, there is one type of incendiary tear gas canister call a “burner,” which can start fires when deployed.

A statement from San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon on Wednesday said that burnt human remains had been found in the Big Bear cabin where Dorner was thought to be holed up, but the body had not yet been identified.

“Investigators have located charred human remains within the debris of the burned out cabin,” McMahon said.

Dorner, who served as a Los Angeles police officer from 2005 to 2008, is suspected in the killing of four people, including a San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputy, a Riverside police officer and the daughter of a former LAPD captain.

Dorner has claimed that his dismissal from the force was due to racism.

KCAL did not respond to Raw Story’s attempt to verify its broadcast by the time of publication. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has not commented on the cause of the fire.

Watch this video from KCAL, broadcast Feb. 12, 2013.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1zJN1)

6 replies, 659 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Audio catches cops shouting ‘Burn this motherf*cker!’ during Dorner siege (Original post)
Playinghardball Feb 2013 OP
kestrel91316 Feb 2013 #1
luvs2sing Feb 2013 #2
nadinbrzezinski Feb 2013 #4
shraby Feb 2013 #3
luvs2sing Feb 2013 #5
Coyotl Feb 2013 #6

Response to Playinghardball (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:51 PM

1. They could have at least TRIED to smoke him out with just teargas first.

But no, they went in with a plan to kill him with fire.

Not cool. They could have set tight with a standoff. That cabin was in a very isolated area, very few people would have been inconvenienced if they had just stayed there and waited him out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:07 PM

2. The "unverified feed"...

is an edited recording of the radio feed from the San Bernardino County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS. I was listening on my scanner app from across the country last night till the app crashed. What is on that recording took place over about an hour. The fire was definitely intentionally set, however, I had the sense they weren't sure whether Dorner was still inside or not. One of the firefighters relayed the info about there being a 12x16 basement. When the app crashed (over 20k people listening), they were getting ready to search a shed on the property.

Reply to this post

Response to luvs2sing (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:02 PM

4. Yup, it crashed.

I was wondering.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:56 PM

3. I was trying to listen on the internet scanner and that part of the scanners was blocked

from broadcasting in case he had access to a scanner..there zilch coming out of it.

Reply to this post

Response to shraby (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:40 PM

5. There were some feeds that weren't blocked...

And I was surprised that they weren't. However, after about 90 minutes, the entire app crashed, and I couldn't even get our local police feed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread