HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Questions unanswered abou...

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:20 PM

Questions unanswered about the Dorner case

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Son of Gob (a host of the General Discussion forum).

Here are a list of unanswered questions that I think need to be addressed before we can move on from this case.

1. The authorities state that Dorner's body was found with his wallet and ID. However it was also reported that an ID belonging to Dorner was recovered in San Diego a week before (Feb 7th). Did Dorner have multiple wallets and IDs? If one of these were his police issued IDs, why did he still have them if he had not worked as a police officer since April 23, 2007? Are peace officers required to turn in identification stating they are officers of the law when they no longer are? Was the ID planted after the fact? How did the ID survive the fire that was so intense, the San Bernidino Sheriff Department told officers to stay clear of the cabin until morning?

2. How exactly did Chris Dorner parish? Did he die from a self-inflicter gunshot wound, an officers bullet, or the fire/smoke inhalation. This is a crucial question. In Dorner's manifesto he states that he wants his brain donated to science. This was his final wish. Why, then, would Dorner harm himself in such a way that it would negate the possibility that his brain could be donates and studied? What are the details around his death? Will an autopsy be performed? Will it be released? What Department will be performing the investigation/autopsy? Did Dorner die in the cabin or did he die somewhere else and was subsequently moved to the cabin?

3. Why did the authorities order the media to stop broadcasting footage of the cabin and police operations? The owner of the cabin is on record with authorities and the media stating that the cabin had no television, radio, or internet access. Moreover, the raging fire would destroy any electricity going into the cabin. It certainly would have made it impossible for Dorner to watch the news and plan a counter attack. There was, really, no way for Dorner to monitor the situation from the inside. Why then was the public not allowed to see the operation and actions of the police?

4. How did the fire start? The fire that consumed the cabin originated from somewhere. The police said they heard a 'single shot' and that caused the fire. What evidence is there to this theory? We were then told that industrial equipment used to enter the building started the fire. What evidence is there to this theory? We then hear police radio discussion where officers are stating they are setting the structure on the fire to burn him/smoke him out. What happened?

5. Why was he not found in the cabin directly across the street from the command center if he had been hiding there since Thursday? The cabin in which Dorner hid was directly adjacent the command center for the search operation. The authorities and media report that officers went, cabin by cabin, searching for Dorner. Why, if we has hiding in the closets proximity to the command, was he not found. Wouldn't that be the logical first place to look since it is right there?

Was Chris Dorner really found in a cabin and died in a shootout that started a fire? Or, was Chris Dorner found and captured and then taken to the cabin next to the command center where the has beaten and tortured over the weekend and then ultimately killed? Then was a fire set to destroy the body so the beatings wouldn't show up in an autopsy? Was the ID then planted on Dorner's body? Was the media ordered away so there would be no evidence the fire was set by law enforcement?

These questions are important as the actions of the LAPD and other Departments during the Chris Dorner manhunt have been appalling. Innocent people have been routinely shot even though they in no way match the description of Dorner or are connected with this case. The Departments have done little more than make excuses for the attempted murder and property destruction of innocent civilians.

This case, and the way it ended, presents more questions that need to be answered.

23 replies, 1643 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 23 replies Author Time Post
Reply Questions unanswered about the Dorner case (Original post)
midwest irish Feb 2013 OP
Historic NY Feb 2013 #1
midwest irish Feb 2013 #2
Historic NY Feb 2013 #20
Smilo Feb 2013 #3
loli phabay Feb 2013 #4
Agnosticsherbet Feb 2013 #5
midwest irish Feb 2013 #9
cali Feb 2013 #6
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #14
NNN0LHI Feb 2013 #7
Dreamer Tatum Feb 2013 #8
midwest irish Feb 2013 #10
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #16
FarCenter Feb 2013 #11
midwest irish Feb 2013 #12
Agnosticsherbet Feb 2013 #15
DevonRex Feb 2013 #19
FarCenter Feb 2013 #21
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 #13
onenote Feb 2013 #17
Jersey Devil Feb 2013 #18
kelliekat44 Feb 2013 #22
Son of Gob Feb 2013 #23

Response to midwest irish (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:23 PM

1. Maybe you should invesitgate it then.....I don't do conspiracies...

and this isn't the birther underground.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Historic NY (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:27 PM

2. Never said conspiracy

These are just questions yet unanswered. Its not a conspiracy when it happens right in front of our faces.

Response to midwest irish (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:55 PM

20. Ck. the CBS video they were 100 yrds or less from the scene...

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:29 PM

3. The origin of the fire is confusing

.............. just like what happened in Waco. He said - he said.

Why they could not have had a longer stand off is also puzzling.

Guess we will never know what happened here.

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:30 PM

4. wow more woo than a yeti mating

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:43 PM

5. On 1, according to the stories a picture ID was recovered in San Diego, and driver license

found at the cabin.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/christopher-dorner-drivers-license-id-cabin-_n_2677590.html#64_timeline-of-dorner-manhunt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/christopher-dorner-drivers-license-id-cabin-_n_2677590.html

there are many forms of picture ID.

2 will need to wait for an autopsy.

3 If Dorner had a television inside, media broadcasts would reveal to him what kind of tactics and movements the police were making. That is SOP. They did the same thing in the Alabama Hostage crises because they did not want to tip off what the police were doing.

Response to Agnosticsherbet (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:55 PM

9. Thanks

Thanks for the links and info on #3.

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:46 PM

6. you need links to every one of your claims.

and this belongs in the craptastic speculation forum with the rest of the batshit crazy CTs.

it's beyond stupid.

Response to cali (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:02 PM

14. He needs links to ask a questions?

especially when most of us have read everything on here and know exactly where it comes from.

and why is everything a batshit crazy ct if it isn't what you were told?

Some of us feel the CT's are the stories we are told and we would just like a little more truth.

Truth is something we don't get too much of.

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:49 PM

7. Think Timothy McVeigh might have been railroaded?

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:53 PM

8. At the risk of starting a fight, who the hell cares about any of this?

The guy chose his method of trial, and he got it.

Response to Dreamer Tatum (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:59 PM

10. "At the risk of starting a fight"

No fights from me. I believe in discourse, not being combative. Although I think we are discussing different points here. I am looking at the events surrounding his death, not what brought him to that threshold. And certainly not validating his actions. Cheers!

Response to Dreamer Tatum (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:04 PM

16. You sure as hell posted like you cared

all the way up to now. What happened. He's dead, get over it, move along, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:03 PM

11. Why did he resign from the US Navy Reserves at the beginning of February?

Was he "encouraged" to resign?

Did he fail a psych assessment?

What was he doing in Bahrain while in the Reserves?

Response to FarCenter (Reply #11)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:13 PM

12. +1

Response to FarCenter (Reply #11)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:03 PM

15. According to his manifesto, he lost his security clearance due to being fired by the LAPD.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/feature?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8983607
The LAPD's actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD.

Response to Agnosticsherbet (Reply #15)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:51 PM

19. Those clearances are not taken away lightly, just like they are not granted lightly.

The service member under investigation is normally barred from classified information until a determination is made. They hope the clearance won't be pulled. All officers must have at least secret clearance. The reason they're reluctant to pull TS/SCI clearance is that there is normally additional training that has gone along with it that has been extensive and costly. For example, linguist or interrogation or analyst training. Some officers will have the clearance by virtue of command of an intelligence unit so they will have to see the product from time to time, even if they don't understand it. Yes, that was a dig.

Response to Agnosticsherbet (Reply #15)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:58 PM

21. He was at NAS Fallon after his service with LAPD had ended

Service Dates/Assignments: Arrived, Detached

Various Reserve Units: 1Dec2009, 21Jan2010

Navy Reserve NAS Fallon, NV: 7Mar2009, 30Nov2009

http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/us-navy-releases-records-of-triple-shooting-suspect-christopher-dorner02072013

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:16 PM

13. Two things which bother me are police telling media to stop coverage including tweeting

and that it was clearly heard on the scanner that sheriffs were going through with the burn plan, yet many media outlets stated they didn't know how the cabin came to be on fire. Authorities and media who were involved in the twitter issue have deleted their tweets, although screenshots remain. No media coverage, no police accountability. They could easily have claimed Dorner set fire to the cabin.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022361774

People on twitter clearly remembered authorities demanding media cease coverage immediately prior to attacks upon Occupy in Zuccotti and in Oakland (and then lying their asses off about what happened):

http://occupyobservations.blogspot.com/2012/01/oakland-officials-caught-in-lies-about.html

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:08 PM

17. The bottom line is that we probably will never know with certainty what happened in the cabin.

But you can take this much to the bank:

Some here will claim to know exactly what happened.
Some here will claim that whatever the official report says happened isn't what happened.

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:17 PM

18. What is this, the equivalent of the Kennedy assassination?

Personally I don't give a shit, am getting sick and tired of post after post about the supposed injustice done to this murdering, lying asshole and I am happy his brain is like a toasted marshmallow.

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:59 PM

22. OMG, sounds like some of the "unanswered questions" about 9/11!!

Stop trying to make sense of it all. You are a conspiracy freak!!!

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 08:41 PM

23. Locking.

Statement of Purpose

Discuss politics, issues, and current events. No posts about Israel/Palestine, religion, guns, showbiz, or sports unless there is really big news. No conspiracy theories. No whining about DU.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=about&forum=1002