HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Blunt says Senate repubs ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 02:31 PM

Blunt says Senate repubs have the votes to keep the Senate from debating Hagel

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/blunt-gop-has-votes-to-delay-hagel-nomination

2 replies, 396 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Blunt says Senate repubs have the votes to keep the Senate from debating Hagel (Original post)
cali Feb 2013 OP
Sherman A1 Feb 2013 #1
TwilightGardener Feb 2013 #2

Response to cali (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 02:33 PM

1. Mr. Blunt is therefore

going to be getting an email from this constituent, suggesting he vote for Mr. Hagel.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cali (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:04 PM

2. Saw that this morning. I think it's one of three things: They have dirt, or think they're

going to find dirt (obviously they are still obsessively searching) to justify a filibuster. 2--they want to delay through the end of February (to weaken Obama's/Hagel's/Dems' resolve and find more dirt) or 3--they want to do some last minute horse-trading and deals before Harry calls the vote. Blunt had previously said he would not filibuster, so I don't know if this was a planned move to surprise Dems, or something new has come up, or if just the threat of a filibuster is intended to give these crying babies something they want in return. Edit to add, I see Rand Paul is holding up Brennan's nomination because of drones or something.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread