HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I watched W. last night
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 07:23 PM

I watched W. last night

Last edited Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:58 AM - Edit history (1)

Has anyone else seen it? It's about George W. Bush and his life and presidency, but it is actually pretty good. For those who haven't seen it, check it out

2 replies, 460 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I watched W. last night (Original post)
Dpm12 Feb 2013 OP
brewens Feb 2013 #1
Dr Hobbitstein Feb 2013 #2

Response to Dpm12 (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 07:31 PM

1. I've had a copy of it for months but haven't watched it yet. I will eventually. I wondered

how he is portrayed when younger? I see him as more of a smartassed eastern preppy boy with no down home accent or swagger. I've seen video of him that definitely gives that impression.

I've always thought the whole Texan image was a huge put-on. Adopted to fool the half-wits. I wondered if keeping that up was part of his problem speaking? It may have been tough to speak publicly and stay in character.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Dpm12 (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:31 PM

2. I bought the DVD when it first came out...

It gives you an almost sympathetic view of W. You kind of feel for him, but I think that is the way with drama. It was a good film, all in all. Definitely puts his brainlessness out there for those to see... I'd watch it again, but I lent it out to a friend and I haven't seen them in a couple years. Dreyfuss was great as Cheney, however.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread