HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Concerned Women for Ameri...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:32 PM

Concerned Women for America = Ditch Violence Against Women Act

http://www.cwfa.org/content.asp?id=21923

Their solution? A WEDDING RING!!!!! Both my deceased Aunt, and my own Mom, must be rolling over in their graves over this.

Back in the 1940s, my Aunt was beaten to a pulp by her husband, who she wed in the sacred, holy, sacrament of Matrimony in a Catholic Church. Very strong woman that she was, she pressed charges, and DIVORCED him (horror) after 6 months. Slut that she was, she re-married a wonderful man in civil court. According to her church, she was an Adulteress, and my Cousin was Bastard. I can remember my Uncle, and yes, he WAS my Uncle, calling her his Baby when they were in their 70s. He was heartbroken when she died before him. Yet, she should have stayed married to that poor excuse for a man?

My Mom? Well, my Dad, who also received the Holy Sacrament of Matrimony, beat my Mom. When I was 10 years old, he had Mom on the floor and was strangling her. I got a knife, put it in his back, and told him I would I would stab him to death if he didn't get off my mother. No child, especially a little girl, should EVER have to go through that. Marriage is the SOLUTION to domestic violence? I could have told CWA NO on that one at 10 years old in 1958.

MARRIAGE, or RELIGION, is the solution to Domestic Violence, CWA, MORONS? Neither, my Aunt, Mom, nor ME, would agree with that one. CWA, YOU are a disgrace, and danger, to WOMEN. Those Repuke MEN are also poor excuses for males, and husband if they are.

4 replies, 591 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Concerned Women for America = Ditch Violence Against Women Act (Original post)
HockeyMom Feb 2013 OP
Siwsan Feb 2013 #1
meow2u3 Feb 2013 #2
silverweb Feb 2013 #3
DisgustipatedinCA Feb 2013 #4

Response to HockeyMom (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:41 PM

1. What a powerful testimony!

Honestly, it gave me chills. You were one strong 10 year old.

These women in CWA are delusional and that delusion is driven by their seriously bent agenda.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:54 PM

2. Those so-called women in CWFA are pathetic

They think it's OK for men to beat, rape, stalk, and even kill their wives--including themselves--because of some twisted interpretation of the Bible.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:25 PM

3. Subservient idiots.

Disgusting.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:29 PM

4. As I recall, "Concerned Women for America" always had a MALE spokesman on television

I haven't seen their tripe for 3 years or so, since I mostly quit watching television, but they at least used to have all male front-men. That's very telling.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread