HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Well, what do you know? I...

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:04 AM

Well, what do you know? It looks like Allen West didn't go away after all!

Last edited Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:38 AM - Edit history (2)

Apparently, he just magically transformed into a crusty old white guy from Texas named Steve Stockman.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/stockmans-full-speed-ahead-as-obamas-top-foil-87494.html

Sticking to the threat even after the actions turned out to be more of a wish list, Stockman landed on Greta Van Susteren’s Fox News show — where he proceeded to compare Obama to Saddam Hussein for the president’s news conference featuring kids, which Van Susteren dubbed a “little bit of a stretch.”

Stockman is planning to offer live commentary of the State of the Union address on Twitter with the hashtag #youlie, a homage to Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.), who once yelled those words during a joint session on health care reform in 2009.

Stockman’s guest at the SOTU speech will be Ted Nugent, a musician and pro-gun advocate who received a visit from the Secret Service after saying in a speech to the National Rifle Association supporting Mitt Romney: “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

And Stockman announced Monday that he is hanging a 10-foot poster outside his office titled the “Obama Failometer,” which will score the president’s “failed” economic policies on a scale from 1 to 1,000. He started the measure off the charts at 1,194.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/stockmans-full-speed-ahead-as-obamas-top-foil-87494.html#ixzz2KhYCKoui

2 replies, 537 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Well, what do you know? It looks like Allen West didn't go away after all! (Original post)
Tommy_Carcetti Feb 2013 OP
tblue Feb 2013 #1
sharp_stick Feb 2013 #2

Response to Tommy_Carcetti (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:31 AM

1. Oh boy. We got us a live one here.

That's why their party is sinking like the Titanic. What failed economic policies?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tommy_Carcetti (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:49 AM

2. I wonder how fast

this asshole will block me? I'll have to think up one or two decent one liners ahead of time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread