HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Uh, Tweety, didn't Obama ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 07:55 AM

Uh, Tweety, didn't Obama already try that jobs thing?

Today's pontificating on Morning Joe included Chris Matthews saying (essentially agreeing with Obama) that jobs should be his major focus since it is up to Democrats to create jobs. So Tweety suggested that Obama propose a jobs bill focused JUST on infrastructure since we can borrow money at such a low interest rate now.

That's great, Chris. But I didn't see the Republicans rallying around that part of his jobs bill when they voted it down last year. I wouldn't even care if they stripped it down to just infrastructure repair/replacement/maintenance. It would be a huge stimulus all over the country.

Of course, the fact of the matter is that the Republicans realize that the economy WILL improve with such a jobs effort and they simply don't want to see Obama succeed, even if it means it would pull us out of the recession.

No one on that panel of calcified Beltway insiders pointed this out and I think Joe might have been a bit miffed that Tweety wasn't part of the chorus of Very Serious People (as Paul Krugman would say) talking about the HUGE DEBT ad nauseum...

12 replies, 1780 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Uh, Tweety, didn't Obama already try that jobs thing? (Original post)
CTyankee Feb 2013 OP
BumRushDaShow Feb 2013 #1
CTyankee Feb 2013 #2
Enrique Feb 2013 #3
CTyankee Feb 2013 #4
OldDem2012 Feb 2013 #5
CTyankee Feb 2013 #6
OldDem2012 Feb 2013 #7
CTyankee Feb 2013 #8
abelenkpe Feb 2013 #9
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #10
CTyankee Feb 2013 #11
november3rd Feb 2013 #12

Response to CTyankee (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:48 AM

1. The self-righteous jackass needs to be off the air

Give his slot to Martin Bashir and let Joy, Kristal Ball, and Joan Walsh have the other hour, and then let him beg Mourning Schmoe to appear every once in awhile.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:51 AM

2. For really great coverage of issues watch Up with Chris Hayes on Saturday and Sunday

mornings from 8 to 10 on MSNBC. Go to their website to see past shows...

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:54 AM

3. Obama reportedly will focus on jobs

the test for him and for Tweety is whether they follow through, or whether they go back to obsessing about the deficit, which I agree has been too much of the focus.

I haven't been watching Tweety, has he been talking about jobs?

Reply to this post

Response to Enrique (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:58 AM

4. I was busy with my snowmaggedon here last evening to watch Tweety but lately

he's certainly becoming much more on our side with regard to lots of issues and taking on the RW dumbfucks in Congress. I like his infrasructure only idea but my guess is that it would be too simple a remedy for Dems in Congress...

Reply to this post

Response to CTyankee (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:13 AM

5. The only side Tweety is on is "his side"....

....he says whatever he needs to say to keep his "show" on the air.

Reply to this post

Response to OldDem2012 (Reply #5)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 AM

6. well, the moon waxes and wanes with him. Let's face it. You don't get in this line of

work if you are a not a showman or woman. Gotta put it out there!

Reply to this post

Response to CTyankee (Reply #6)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:17 AM

7. He puts it "out there" the same way streetwalkers do, and for the same reasons....

...he's a true representative of the phrase, "media whore".

Reply to this post

Response to OldDem2012 (Reply #7)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:23 AM

8. Oh, but I'm happy with him when he agrees with me!

Even if it is for his own aggrandizement, we need some help in getting OUR message out. All we hear from the Joe Scars of the media is "cut, cut, cut entitlements..."

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:53 AM

9. We need jobs

And we need to stop subsidies and tax incentives that drive good paying jobs overseas. Increased government spending focused on creating jobs worked to help us out of the depression and it is what is needed now and no we don't need a world war to accomplish this....

Also need to break up the big banks or nationalize them, and pass single payer. No business that has to compete globally is going to choose to hire an American with our expensive HC system when they can hire overseas where workers are covered by a universal HC system.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:07 AM

10. I bet Tweety buys this....

You know,...because he likes the idea of big sweaty guys.

I'm serious. He was all creamy dreamy when Bush landed on that aircraft carrier.

He supported Rudy in 08 because he considered it to be manly to wander around NYC on 911 and it didn't dawn on him it was because the emergency center was gone.

When Fred Thomson announced Tweety talked lovingly of him as a grandfatherly type with the smell of after shave and cigars.

I picture him and Newt naked at the Bohemian Grove beating on a tom tom in a sweat lodge.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #10)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:33 AM

11. Ouch! I need brain bleach on that last observation...

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:44 AM

12. Who Knew?

When Obama first ran for office, everybody knew he would have to fix the economy. But, who knew that meant -- more than anything else -- overcoming Republican obstruction to recovery?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread