HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Video of testimony of men...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 09:43 PM

Video of testimony of mentally ill man LAPD kicked in the head (Dorner hearing)

I just came across this video and think it may interest a few people. If it doesn't interest you, just trash the thread because this has nothing to do with defending Dorner, supporting him or admiring him. And shame on anyone who tries to twist things that way.

Dorner wrote in his manifesto about the female cop who kicked a mentally ill man (Christopher Gettler) in the face. I'll remove the cop's name and replace it with Officer A just to be safe.

Officer A, you are a POS and you lied right to the BOR panel when Randy Quan asked you if you kicked Christopher Gettler. You destroyed my life and name because of your actions. Time is up. The time is now to confess to Chief Beck.

I ask that all journalist investigating this story submit request for FOIA with the LAPD to gain access to the BOR transcripts which occurred from 10/08 to 2/09. There, you will see that a video was played for the BOR members of Mr. Christopher Gettler who suffers from Schizophrenia and Dementia stating that he was kicked by a female officer. That video evidence supports my claim that Evans kicked him twice in the upper body and once in the face.

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07/christopher-dorners-manifesto/

Chris Dorner's manifesto gave a specific call to action to all who read it -- investigate his claims he was unfairly terminated by the LAPD. (Chris Dorner made a report that Sgt Evans kicked a suspect during an arrest. The Board of Review deemed that a false report against an officer and Dorner was terminated).

The official LAPD Board of Review painted the termination case as the training officer's word (Sgt Evans) against Officer Dorner. They suggested it was a "he said, she said." There were civilian witnesses including the victim of the alleged kick--Christopher Gettler and his father who were called to testify. Both recount, Gettler saying he was kicked. While court documents suggest that, Gettler was too inarticulate and un-credible this video allows you to judge for yourself.

The person at the center of the brutality investigation Christopher Gettler. This video exclusively obtained through my sources shows Gettler's testimony for the Board of Review. This is Gettler's - the one Dorner says was kicked in the head -- perspective on the incident.

Questioning Gettler is Randy Quan. Quan is the appointed advocate and lawyer for Dorner. He is also the father of murder victim (daughters name) killed Sunday night in Irvine with her fiancÚ. Dorner is suspected in both their murders.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/21070897/christopher-dorners-legal-documents-challenging-the-lapd

This is either the video or part of a longer video he's talking about. Christopher Gettler does clearly say he was kicked in the face by that female officer.

3 replies, 1585 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Video of testimony of mentally ill man LAPD kicked in the head (Dorner hearing) (Original post)
Catherina Feb 2013 OP
Catherina Feb 2013 #1
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 #2
nadinbrzezinski Feb 2013 #3

Response to Catherina (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 09:48 PM

1. There are more documents at the link

I don't have the time to go through them but for anyone interested, there they are.

Legal analyst Robin Sax dug up 21 documents related to the instances of alleged police corruption that ex-LAPD officer Chris Dorner detailed in his online manifesto. Among the documents are Internal Affairs information, Court of Appeals documents and more. You can read through the documents at the links below:

Dorner v LAPD Court Case

Petition for Writ of Mandamus (Robin says this is the document where Dorner asks the court to review LAPD's Board of Review's decision to terminate him):

Dorner v LAPD Apr2009

Dorner Board Selection Form

Dorner Application for Hearing LAPD

Dorner Power of Attorney

Dorner Board of Rights Time Waiver

Dorner Notice to Employee Representative

Dorner Substitution of Defense Counsel

Dorner Person Summary

Dorner LAPD Complaint Form

Dorner Interdepartmental Correspondence Jun2008

Dorner Interdepartmental Correspondence Oct2008

Dorner Addenda

Dorner Decision of the Board of Rights and Execution of the Order

Dorner Case Summary LA Sup Court

Dorner Board of Rights Appointment

Dorner Interdepartmental Correspondence Jul2008

Dorner Discovery Request Form

Appellate Court Decision:

Dorner v LAPD Appeal Oct2011

Other Documents:

Dorner v LAPD Attorney Change Oct2010

Dorner v LAPD Appeal Notice Aug2010

Dorner v City of Los Angeles Judgement May2010

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/21070897/christopher-dorners-legal-documents-challenging-the-lapd

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Catherina (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:45 AM

2. Thank you. Whether Dorner is a criminal or not, it is important to get to the truth of his

accusations against LAPD.

(Watched the video...poor guy is a bit loose upstairs.)

Reply to this post

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:47 AM

3. Which is why his testimony was mostly ignored.

Secondary issue, how the system treats those with issues, and always (almost) disqualifies them as reliable witnesses.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread