HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » is this a good idea? whe...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 04:03 PM

is this a good idea? whenever there is some sort of disaster that requires outside aid and

assistance, of course it is given. that goes without saying. HOWEVER, I think that when those areas have reps who have voted against aid for others, those reps need to be on the front lines of the disaster repair and reconstruction. get their worthless behinds out there, cleaning up--whether it is fallen trees, flooded roads, damaged buildings, working soup kitchens, WHATEVER. the aid, of course, is not contingent on this, but it is understood that these cretins have to make some sort of atonement for their colossal stupidity and insensitivity.

(of course, I am not saying what I think REALLLLY ought to be done with them. . .)

2 replies, 415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply is this a good idea? whenever there is some sort of disaster that requires outside aid and (Original post)
niyad Feb 2013 OP
HooptieWagon Feb 2013 #1
niyad Feb 2013 #2

Response to niyad (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:23 PM

1. Yes, something.

Of course DUers don't determine when and where aid is delivered. I think comments to the effect of not giving aid to Miss weren't meaning to specifically deny them aid, but to point out the hypocrisy of the Reps who have voted against aid for others. Perhaps a better solution would be for Dem Reps, when speaking out in favor of aid, point out that they are in favor in spite of that R Rep voting against aid for other states. Keep hammering it home, beat the Rs over the head with their "no" votes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to niyad (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:49 AM

2. . . .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread