HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » NOT SPONTANEOUS! - Koch/B...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:52 PM

NOT SPONTANEOUS! - Koch/Big Tabacco Planning Tea Party Since 2002, New Research Paper Reveals

Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaires

Shattering the public perception that the Tea Party is a spontaneous popular citizens movement, a new academic paper provides evidence that an organization founded by David and Charles Koch, attempted to launch the Tea Party movement in 2002.

The common public understanding of the origins of the Tea Party is that it is a popular grassroots uprising that began with anti-tax protests in 2009.

However, the Quarterback study reveals that in 2002, the Kochs and tobacco-backed CSE designed and made public the first Tea Party Movement website under the web address www.usteaparty.com. Here's a screenshot of the archived U.S. Tea Party site, as it appeared online on Sept. 13, 2002:

"Nonprofit organizations associated with the Tea Party have longstanding ties to tobacco companies, and continue to advocate on behalf of the tobacco industry's anti-tax, anti-regulation agenda."

Finally, this report might serve as a wake-up call to some people in the Tea Party itself, who would find it a little disturbing that the "grassroots" movement they are so emotionally attached to, is in fact a pawn created by billionaires and large corporations with little interest in fighting for the rights of the common person, but instead using the common person to fight for their profits.

MORE:
http://www.desmogblog.com/2013/02/11/study-confirms-tea-party-was-created-big-tobacco-and-billionaires

9 replies, 1361 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply NOT SPONTANEOUS! - Koch/Big Tabacco Planning Tea Party Since 2002, New Research Paper Reveals (Original post)
kpete Feb 2013 OP
JHB Feb 2013 #1
Initech Feb 2013 #2
Fight2Win Feb 2013 #3
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 #4
WillyT Feb 2013 #5
Scuba Feb 2013 #6
OregonBlue Feb 2013 #7
Uncle Joe Feb 2013 #8
Berlum Feb 2013 #9

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:04 PM

1. I think any wake-up calls will just have the snooze button hit again

You're talking about people who were unconcerned about debt and (lowered) taxes until a Democrat (and, psst, a you-know-what, just sayin') ( there, if anyone is in doubt) won the presidential election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:08 PM

2. What the billionaire criminal scum have done to this country is downright treasonous.

And it's all in the name of absolute greed. Time to start locking the whole lot of em in prison.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:10 PM

3. and they used your money to do it

Koch Brothers haven't always been this rich.

Then the Koch brother's lobbied Congress so they could start speculation on oil, more for them, and less for you driving up the cost of fuel, heat and shipping (food, post office etc)

http://www.zazzle.com/make_people_smile_great_conversation_starter_tshirt-235141254682774344

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:11 PM

4. I can't wait for the day those scum are jailed and never again harm the planet. Thanks! n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:25 PM

5. HUGE K & R !!!

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 02:00 PM

6. So you're saying 40% of my neighbors are tools of Big Tobacco and the Kochs?

I knew about the Kochs part; I'm not surprised by Big Tobacco.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 02:06 PM

7. I hope Rachel is following this. She is so good at research.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 03:54 PM

8. Nice find.

Thanks for the thread, kpete.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 03:57 PM

9. Republican 1% PuppetMasters jerking Suckers around

If the RepubliProles ever wake up and realize how they have been massively PLAYED FOR SUCKERS, they are going to be pissed.

No one likes to be Suckered. And the Republican RANK & File has been played royally for SUCKERS -- and thus consistently voted against themselves and their families interests.

The Koch Boys are laughing their asses off at all the TeaBagging Republicans they have SUCKERED.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread