HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Resistance is Not Futile
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:41 AM

Resistance is Not Futile

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Resistance-is-Not-Futile-by-Mardi-Harrison-130210-228.html

Resistance is Not Futile
By Mardi Harrison
OpEdNews Op Eds 2/10/2013 at 10:49:29

Imagine an all-powerful entity, part humanoid, mostly robot. The individual humanoids are all linked to each other by thought process, so that operationally, they are all small pieces of one large collective consciousness. The entity has no emotions. It has no compassion. It doesn't care what the planets in its path want. It has the biggest, baddest weapons in the universe, and it is bent on universal domination. Any means justifies its end goal. If you destroy a part of it, it regenerates and keeps coming. It is an unstoppable, indefatigable juggernaut. When it conquers you, you either submit or die. No matter what you say to it, it responds in a deep and menacing voice, "Resistance is futile."

Fans of Star Trek will instantly recognize this entity as the Borg, the most devastating and unbeatable of all of the aliens in the universe.

But I was talking about Republicans.

The Republican collective is now recognizing that it has lost its appeal on the national level. There's lots of blame shooting around, and a frantic attempt to re-brand the party messages. No one is talking about changing the ideology or their policies -- just changing the terminology they use to describe them. Presidential candidate wannabe Bobby Jindal is calling the Republicans "the Stupid Party."

1 replies, 264 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Resistance is Not Futile (Original post)
unhappycamper Feb 2013 OP
ananda Feb 2013 #1

Response to unhappycamper (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 09:09 AM

1. I find it interesting: the stoopid calling each other stoopid.

Those Reeps sure are a caution, yeah they are.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread