HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tawdry allegations may em...

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:29 PM

Tawdry allegations may emerge in criminal trial of former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer

Former Florida Republican Party Chairman Jim Greer goes on trial in Orlando on money laundering and grand theft charges, but a Bahamas golf trip with reported prostitutes could draw more attention.

BY LUCY MORGAN
TAMPA BAY TIMES SENIOR CORRESPONDENT
TALLAHASSEE -- They headed for Marsh Harbour Airport in the Bahamas, most of them on private planes owned by billionaire Harry Sargeant III, then the finance chairman of the Florida Republican Party.

The weekend trip began on Friday Jan. 11, 2008, for a select group of Floridians —maybe 20 or so — who helped raise money for a constitutional amendment that would increase homestead exemptions.

Those who attended have differing memories of how many were there or what occurred, and no one is very anxious to talk to a reporter about the gathering.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/10/3226971/tawdry-allegations-may-emerge.html#storylink=cpy

2 replies, 546 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tawdry allegations may emerge in criminal trial of former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer (Original post)
mfcorey1 Feb 2013 OP
HooptieWagon Feb 2013 #1
Angry Dragon Feb 2013 #2

Response to mfcorey1 (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 10:17 PM

1. Its going to be a real circus.

All kinds of dirty GOP laundry going to be aired. I'm really surprised the GOP didn't just pay him his hush money...both sides have now spent legal fees far in excess of the money in dispute, and the PR for anyone involved is going to be bad.

I suspect a lot of this isn't directed at Greer, but at Crist. FlGOP desparate to take him out before he goes against pRick Scott.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mfcorey1 (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:07 PM

2. throw them all into prison and we will sort it out later

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread