HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Putin: Orphans Should Fin...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 06:51 PM

Putin: Orphans Should Find Families In Home Country

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Russian orphans should be adopted by Russian parents.

Putin, speaking at a Congress of Parents of Russia in Moscow, said, "We must do all we can so that orphaned children find their families in their home country, in Russia."

Putin also promised public opinion to be taken into consideration in future legislation regarding relations between parents and children.

MORE...

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-adoptions-putin/24897300.html

2 replies, 357 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Putin: Orphans Should Find Families In Home Country (Original post)
Purveyor Feb 2013 OP
Purveyor Feb 2013 #1
Nine Feb 2013 #2

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 06:52 PM

1. Lavrov Defends Russian Ban On U.S. Adoptions

February 10, 2013

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has defended recently adopted legislation that bars U.S. citizens from adopting Russian children.

In an interview aired in the Russian Far East, Lavrov said the law was a response to "numerous" reports of Russian adoptees being killed or abused.

"The United States is the only country from which we receive genuinely alarming reports about how many families treat our children," Lavrov said. "And I use the word 'many' intentionally."

He said the number of cases of abuse is much greater than believed because adoptive parents change their children's Russian names, making it impossible for Moscow to track them.

MORE...

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-adoption-ban-lavrov/24898056.html

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 07:33 PM

2. I suppose it's better for them to languish for years in inhumane Russian orphanages. (nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread