HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tiger Woods a D-bag on ta...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 10:58 AM

Tiger Woods a D-bag on taxes, too

Tiger Woods admits he left California because of high tax rates after rival Phil Mickelson apologizes for saying he may quit West Coast

Tiger Woods said today that the reason he left California in the mid-Nineties was because the state's taxes were too high.

The golfer spoke at a press conference on Tuesday about his decision to move to Florida in 1996.

Speaking at Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, California, Woods said: 'I moved out of here back in 96 for that reason.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266830/Tiger-Woods-admits-left-California-tax-rates.html

Hey Tiger, if you were so concerned about money perhaps you shouldn't have been 2-timing your wife with every woman you could find. Divorce is also expensive.

7 replies, 1014 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:06 AM

1. While I do not support what Tiger did in his Marriage, any one is free to move to any state

for any reason he wants, Americans are even free to live in another country. I am happy to see that Governor Brown has balanced his States budget but Tiger move out of California in the 90s so I see no reason to call him a "D-bag" what is your point here?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:07 AM

2. not surprising

Everything about him screams self-absorbed asshole.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:33 AM

3. Other character issues aside, how does moving to another state to avoid relatively high taxes

make him a "D-bag"? It's his life to do with as he will...he can live in any state he wishes.

Reply to this post

Response to Hal2814 (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:55 PM

7. Not sure he's a "D-bag", but he didn't move to save a few percent on his $100 million earnings.

That's just absolute BS. I love it when some guy making $100s of millions says he left for a few percentage points in taxes. If they are that hung up on money, at that level of earnings, they are a screwed up human. If he loved California that much, I think he could well afford to live there.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:33 PM

4. his dick cost him more money than the state of California ever did. nt

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:36 PM

5. I consider him a D-bag for other reasons

I can understand a person making the difficult decision to move to another state for financial reasons.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:54 PM

6. Just another 1%er scumbag

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread