HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Big Bear visitors undeter...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:11 AM

Big Bear visitors undeterred by ongoing Dorner manhunt

Despite a small army of SWAT officers combing the nearby forest in search of an alleged killer, all signs in Big Bear on Saturday appeared to indicate that life was back to normal.

The sun shone overhead and the roads were layered with mud and ice from a sudden surge of tourist skiers and snowboarders looking to take advantage of the 8 inches of snow that has fallen in the last few days.

“Business is excellent today,” Dan McKernan, a spokesman for the Big Bear Lake Resort Assn., said. "The snow conditions are phenomenal. It’s a fresh powder day, and everybody’s flocking to have some fun in the snow.”

McKernan said days like Saturday, with blue skies and fresh snow, are referred to as “bluebird days.” Visitors took advantage and thought little about Dorner's whereabouts.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/big-bear-visitors-undeterred-by-ongoing-dorner-manhunt.html

a bunch of families with kids are out as usual.

4 replies, 517 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Big Bear visitors undeterred by ongoing Dorner manhunt (Original post)
JI7 Feb 2013 OP
BainsBane Feb 2013 #1
GObamaGO Feb 2013 #2
flobee1 Feb 2013 #3
JI7 Feb 2013 #4

Response to JI7 (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:24 AM

1. good

It's wrong to give a man like that power to control the behavior of the population.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:50 AM

2. I am convinced that Dorner has been gone from Big Bear since he burned his truck.

Pretty sure that was a diversion.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 08:05 AM

3. unlike other murderers

I don't think the public has to worry too much-just stay out of his way.
Its the LA cops that have to sleep with one eye open. He's not crazy, he just has had enough and unfortunately he's taking people out. He has already decided he is going to end up dead and that makes it harder to catch him-he doesn't fear anything anymore.

almost reminds me of the movie I watched last night-kill bill.

Reply to this post

Response to flobee1 (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:52 PM

4. this is LA so bad things happening is not rare

people have to go on with their lives. also it's a case of something else bad is more likelyt o happen to you.

but isn't it something that families are out with their kids rather than mommys staying locked up in their homes with a scary looking gun to comfort them. hahahhah

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread