HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Paul Krugman: Tom Friedma...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 09:24 AM

Paul Krugman: Tom Friedman 'Much Too Close To Beltway Conventional Wisdom'

(HuffPost) Paul Krugman took a shot at New York Times colleague Thomas Friedman during an appearance on HuffPost Live on Friday.

Host Marc Lamont Hill read out a comment: "Krugman is too polite to point out the obvious: Friedman doesn't know what the heck he's talking about." He noted that Krugman sometimes seems to be taking covert swipes at Friedman in his columns.

This is not a new phenomenon: many observers have pointed out Krugman's propensity to push back at his fellow columnists without saying their names. (Last month, Krugman dropped any pretenses, and wrote in a blog post that a Friedman column was "wrong.")

Krugman said that Friedman was often very wrong about the economic issues currently facing the country. ..........(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/08/paul-krugman-tom-friedman-wrong-new-york-times_n_2648381.html

5 replies, 729 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Paul Krugman: Tom Friedman 'Much Too Close To Beltway Conventional Wisdom' (Original post)
marmar Feb 2013 OP
trumad Feb 2013 #1
Vinnie From Indy Feb 2013 #3
xchrom Feb 2013 #2
RevStPatrick Feb 2013 #4
amandabeech Feb 2013 #5

Response to marmar (Original post)

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 09:55 AM

1. Thomas Friedman ranks up there as the worse pundit in my lifetime

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to trumad (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 10:35 AM

3. Amen!

I remember the whole "Friedman unit" thing. People were starting to describe measures of time in Friedman units. A Friedman unit is described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedman_Unit

Cheers!

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 09:56 AM

2. du rec. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 11:17 AM

4. Friedman is a total weenie.

Can't stand that guy.
Let's just put it this way... there's one degree of separation between me and Friedman, so I've heard some stories. The guy's stuck in his own head and can't get out.

Krugman, on the other hand, has earned my respect.

Reply to this post

Response to RevStPatrick (Reply #4)

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 12:26 PM

5. Friedman thought that it was great that Fox-whateveritis greatly mistreats its workers

so that Apple can get some modification to one of its products 8 hours earlier than it would if Fox didn't mistreat its workers.

Why someone of importance didn't totally trash Freidman for that I'll never know. Well, of course I know.

Someone free Paul Friedman from his own head at let him be a worker in the Fox factory.

I can't stand his thoughts or his writing style.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread