HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Condi pulls a Cheney

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 07:22 PM

Condi pulls a Cheney

At least she didn't shoot a man in the face.

But former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice still had her own projectile-to-face moment a-la Dick Cheney this week, when she accidentally hit a woman in the face with a golf ball. Competing in the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on Thursday, Condi shanked a shot on the sixth hole into the gallery, where it hit a spectator on her forehead.

The woman reportedly suffered concussion-like symptoms but didn't need stitches - a fate far better than the man that Cheney infamously shot (but didn't kill) in the face while they were hunting in 2006.
"Did I hit you?" Rice asked her victim, according to The New York Times. "It was a bad shot. I'm really sorry."

Rice, who was briefly floated as a possible running mate for Mitt Romney last year, also happens to be the first woman ever admitted the Augusta National golf club last year.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/condi-hits-woman-face-golf-ball-article-1.1259181#ixzz2KMBARJ2t

3 replies, 554 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Condi pulls a Cheney (Original post)
kpete Feb 2013 OP
graham4anything Feb 2013 #1
tanyev Feb 2013 #2
Enrique Feb 2013 #3

Response to kpete (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 07:30 PM

1. I have to admit, I forgot all about Condie.

Now that I am reminded, we all better remember that if Jeb is nominated and picked her as his VP choice it would make a fomridable ticket if anyone but Hillary45 is the nominee.
(because the people that would vote for Jeb would vote for Condie).

Question-if Condie didn't want to be in the public eye, why would she be in the Pebble Beach pro-Am?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 07:36 PM

2. And I don't think we'll see this lady give a public apology for getting in the way of Condi's shot.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 09:59 PM

3. no one could have predicted... n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread