HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Folks, before you venture...

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:40 PM

Folks, before you venture out into the worst blizzard ever make sure you top up that EBT card.

So this morning I took my wife's car to the dealer for some work. The service manager handed me a fob for a courtesy car. Well, when I got in the car I found there was no key on the fob and there wouldn't have been anywhere to put it anyway. After a few minutes of confusion I noticed a start button on the dashboard, pushed it and the car sprang to life.

So now as I was pulling out of the lot I can hear that I have Limbaugh on the radio and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to change the station let alone turn it off. The damn thing was as confusing as that keyless starter.

Anyway, Pigman is doing some kind of parody of all the storm warnings and blizzard survival tips.

Of course one of the 1st ones was

Folks, before you venture out into the worst blizzard ever make sure you top up that EBT card.

He's the leader of the GOP whether they like it or not.

6 replies, 710 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Folks, before you venture out into the worst blizzard ever make sure you top up that EBT card. (Original post)
Leslie Valley Feb 2013 OP
Duer 157099 Feb 2013 #1
Sheldon Cooper Feb 2013 #2
OldDem2012 Feb 2013 #6
Tommy_Carcetti Feb 2013 #3
djean111 Feb 2013 #4
Angry Dragon Feb 2013 #5

Response to Leslie Valley (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:43 PM

1. Not to be (too) dense, but

how do you top up an EBT card?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:44 PM

2. I realize that this is a ridiculous question, but what the hell is he talking about?

Does he mean food stamps? Aren't those cards distributed at the beginning of each month, and you get the total amount at that time? You don't get to top them up.

Anyway, I know that giant ass never makes sense, but this time it's even more stupid.

Reply to this post

Response to Sheldon Cooper (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 03:18 PM

6. In my state, the food stamp allotment is downloaded monthly to your EBT card....

....based on the last two digits of your case number starting with the 4th calendar day of each month:

https://www.ebt.acs-inc.com/alebtclient/pdf/Client_Portal_Issuance_Schedule_for_AL_Landing_Page_Attachment_4.pdf

That amount is all you get for the next thirty days unless a major power outage from a natural disaster wipes out your frozen foods. At that point, you'll get a special allotment.

Limbaugh is full of crap, as usual.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:51 PM

3. The Limbaugh Limbo.

How low will he go?

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:53 PM

4. He doesn't make sense because he is just spewing his standard dog whistle bullshit.

Remember, his audience doesn't go in for all that logical stuff.
All they hear is "EBT card."

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:53 PM

5. Well you do know pigs do not fly in the winter

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread