HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:00 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (WilliamPitt) on Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:11 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

6 replies, 395 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
WilliamPitt Feb 2013 OP
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #1
HockeyMom Feb 2013 #2
oberliner Feb 2013 #3
KharmaTrain Feb 2013 #4
hlthe2b Feb 2013 #5
HappyMe Feb 2013 #6

Response to WilliamPitt (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:03 PM

1. Where I think she made a mistake was saying he was going to die because his

young son came to him and asked him that. She should never say something like that. She doesn't know what his issues are. He may be seeing a doctor. But goodness don't say stuff like that their children are listening.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:04 PM

2. MYOB doctors about people who aren't your own PATIENTS

Americans are OBSESSED with weight. I, and my kids, have heard all this from the opposite side of the coin. We were anorexic according "doctors". Have been dealing with this for 20+ years.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:05 PM

3. The term obesity is thrown around way too lightly (so to speak)

And there is serious discrimination against overweight people in the public eye.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:08 PM

4. Dr. Mariano Has Little To Worry About...

...the only way for Christie to win the rushpublican nomination is if a majority of that corrupt party suffers from collective amnesia. His support of President Obama in the final days of the '12 campaign won't be forgotten anytime soon. He's way to "librul" for the Paulbots and fundies...he currently wouldn't finish in the money in an Iowa or South Carolina.

The corporate media loves Christie cause he is very quotable...and it doesn't hurt that he's just a short ride from the major studios in NYC. His weight problems make for good verbal masturbation when there isn't much else to bump gums about. Talking sequestration or drone policy isn't sexy...what Christie had for lunch...now THAT's sexy.

Personally, I have little respect for physicians who "diagnose" from long distance...be it Bill Frist or this doctor. Surely Christie knows that his weight is a problem...and surely one he's had to battle his entire life. It hasn't held him back from getting as far as he can and if he was so beloved and popular it shouldn't matter if he throws his hat in the ring. Unfortunately for him, the corporate media doesn't vote in rushpublican primaries...

5. All I need is for them to rerun the "GAYLE" attack to convince me he has no business

even being considered for the Presidency. That said, I have really been cringing at this doctor's incredibly insensitive manner. Christie will benefit from the sympathy/empathy aspects when the public considers his young son heard this and became concerned he was going to die.

Of course he has multiple health risks--that's a given. The question that can't be answered is the magnitude of those risks as opposed to how well his body has and will compensate. The overweight/obese vary widely in terms of their response, based on genetics and multiple other factors. So, of course Christie is right that no physician can be precise in evaluating his health and risks without a full and comprehensive examination and history review. So, from that POV, the physician's comment is extreme.

But, for me-- all you have to say is "Gayle"

6. She messed up.

He isn't her patient, and even if he was she still shouldn't be blabbing about him. She upset his kids.