HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Someone on DU posts: &quo...

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 03:22 AM

Someone on DU posts: "Obama and his henchmen are no better than Bush and Cheney......"

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Son of Gob (a host of the General Discussion forum).

And I don't alert on it. Neither has anyone else, so far.

If I didn't already have enough proof that things have just gone way too far, this would be it for me.

Never would I have expected myself to let stand a post claiming Obama to be no better than Bush and Cheney, or using the word "henchmen" to describe his advisers.

That doesn't mean I agree 100% with the poster - but in the context of this "white paper" on drones, I let the post stand.

Insane.

11 replies, 1111 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Someone on DU posts: "Obama and his henchmen are no better than Bush and Cheney......" (Original post)
Flying Squirrel Feb 2013 OP
Demo_Chris Feb 2013 #1
tblue Feb 2013 #2
dballance Feb 2013 #3
triplepoint Feb 2013 #4
countmyvote4real Feb 2013 #10
Democracyinkind Feb 2013 #5
trumad Feb 2013 #6
RBInMaine Feb 2013 #7
plethoro Feb 2013 #8
harmonicon Feb 2013 #9
Son of Gob Feb 2013 #11

Response to Flying Squirrel (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 03:33 AM

2. Just means you have integrity

and principles.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 03:47 AM

3. I Think You Showed Good Judgement

You may or may not have noticed there were a lot of gun-related posts in General Discussion after Sandy Hook. The number rose significantly. The admins intentionally allowed this and didn't lock threads that normally should have been in the RKBA forum in order to let people heal in a way and have a discussion.

There are a lot of disillusioned people right now who are very disappointed the Obama administration seems to be using the same tactics with drones and the "kill-list" that Bush/Cheney used to justify enhanced interrogation techniques (aka torture).

I think you did the right thing by not alerting on it. Let people express their frustration and disappointment. Like the gun posts I referred to, the anti-Obama Administration posts due to the memo will peek and then taper off.

That said, there are some people who have signed up just to criticize the president and his administration. Those people who do that usually have one or two posts and signed up this week after the release of the memo. Those people should be alerted on.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 04:46 AM

4. Time to Face the Music

We are symbolically, frogs being boiled in water. dumbya boiled us fast. Obama turned the heat down, but he's still boiling us. The end result will be the same....a state of FASCISM. A quick study of the President's new cabinet supports this claim. So, if this gets juried into oblivion, so be it. At least I've posted it here and now.

Response to triplepoint (Reply #4)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 06:27 AM

10. Sad but true.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 05:22 AM

5. That's just nonsense.

Lots of differences between Bush and Cheney that make Obama look quite holy in comparison. (Being elected, not selected, to begin at the start)...

As to the henchmen - aren't they pretty much the same?

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 05:24 AM

6. meta shit

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 05:58 AM

7. Better to just call it out as the pursit TeaLeft NONSENSE that it is.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 06:00 AM

8. The beginning of wisdom is silence and

Know the truth and the truth and the truth shall set you free. I'm on your side.

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 06:26 AM

9. *sigh*

Could you please explain why the fuck a single memo has made you upset about this? This shit has been going on from day one of the Obama presidency. A fucking memo doesn't change that! How the fuck is it that people are upset now?! No new policy was announced or revealed. Do people really pay SO little attention?

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 06:58 AM

11. Locking, This belongs in Meta.