HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » (France) Wolves to be 'ed...

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 01:16 AM

(France) Wolves to be 'educated' not to kill sheep

Wolves to be 'educated' not to kill sheep

In a bid to try and crackdown on the number of wolf attacks on farm animals the French government has announced a plan to try and "educate" the wild beasts. The proposal has been greeted with mixed reactions.

Can you teach a wolf not to eat sheep?

The idea is being floated in France, where the return of the wolf has got farmers and environmentalists at each other's throats.

Under a proposed "National Wolf Plan," the government says it will conduct experiments into "educating" the canine carnivore, which is spreading stealthily in remote areas.

Rest assured, this scheme does not entail lecturing wolves about the cuteness of lambs or trying to convert them to vegetarianism.

http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/france-plans-to-teach-wolves-a-hard-lesson#.URSXoPJIGSo

3 replies, 655 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply (France) Wolves to be 'educated' not to kill sheep (Original post)
The Straight Story Feb 2013 OP
appal_jack Feb 2013 #1
2naSalit Feb 2013 #3
2naSalit Feb 2013 #2

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 01:27 AM

1. Wine will likely be involved.

For every sheep that the wolves refrain from eating, they will receive 1 gallon of vin de table, and a non-sheep dinner of their choice. That would be good enough for me!

-app

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to appal_jack (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 01:52 AM

3. Sigh...

if only they were more fond of cheese instead of things made out of meat!

Reply to this post

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 01:50 AM

2. Thanks for posting that

I have met some of those people in both France and the US who started the wolf programs. Glad to see they've caught up with Idaho, Wyoming and Montana except I think they are handling working through the impasse better, more intellectually and they'll probably have more realistic and acceptable results.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread