HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I Am Not Gonna Cut And Pa...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 01:10 AM

I Am Not Gonna Cut And Paste, But... Check Out The First Shots Of The GOP's Civil War...

Link: http://www.freedomworks.org/press-releases/freedomworks-reacts-to-the-conservative-victory-pr

2 replies, 663 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I Am Not Gonna Cut And Paste, But... Check Out The First Shots Of The GOP's Civil War... (Original post)
WillyT Feb 2013 OP
pampango Feb 2013 #1
WillyT Feb 2013 #2

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 07:51 AM

1. “Imagine a Republican Party without the ... principled ideas coming from Senators Rand Paul, Marco

Rubio, Ted Cruz, Pat Toomey and Mike Lee ..."

It would be nice to have a Senate that did not have Paul, Rubio, Cruz, Toomey and Lee, but not in the way that Freedom Works wishes.

“The Empire is striking back. A clear pattern has emerged, beginning with the GOP leadership’s efforts to silence delegates on the floor of the RNC, continuing with House Leadership's purge of fiscally conservative congressmen from their committee positions for voting out of line with the GOP establishment. Now, an Orwellian-named ‘Conservative Victory Project’ is created with the sole operating mission of blocking the efforts of fiscally conservative activists across the country.”

"The Empire strikes back. - A Star Wars analogy. How quaint!

“All events point to a fundamental clash between the old guard Republican establishment, dictating outdated ideas from the top-down, versus a tech-savvy younger generation of activists driving their agenda from the bottom-up. These blatant acts of hostility are typical behavior of an entrenched political establishment, circling the wagons around incumbents, regardless of job performance in office.”

A 'fundamental clash' between the "old guard Republican establishment" and "a tech-savvy younger generation of activists". We can only hope that the 'clash' is brutal and debilitating to their party.

Thanks for posting this WillyT.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to pampango (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:33 PM

2. Anytime pampango, Anytime...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread