HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How to kill UAVs
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:37 PM

How to kill UAVs

Anonymous Operations ‏@Anon_Central

How To Kill A #Drone: Since Drones Can Kill Americans, Americans Can Kill Drones | http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb907234/killuav.htm

http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb907234/killuav.htm

"We ran a search on the Net and found there's quite a lot of information out there on how to build and operate satellites but also, unfortunately, on how to jam them," says Tim Marceau, head of the squadron. "Just type in 'satellite communications jamming' and you'll be surprised how many hits you get."

Two rookie engineers from the US Air Force Research Laboratory were ordered to build a jamming system using only a Net connection and whatever they could buy for cash.

For $7500, the engineers lashed together a mobile ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) high-power noise source that they could use to jam satellite antennas or military UHF receivers. "It's just like turning your radio up louder than someone else's," Marceau says.

The engineers built their home-made jammer using a petrol-driven electricity generator, wood, plastic piping and copper tubing. The amplification and noise-generation electronics were obtained at an electronics enthusiasts "swap meet".

(More at the link.)

1 replies, 565 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply How to kill UAVs (Original post)
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 OP
leveymg Feb 2013 #1

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:47 PM

1. They just go on autopilot when jammed. It doesn't "kill" them.

A directed UHF burst might disrupt a final attack sequence, but the thing will just take evasive measures, and come back again to the same coordinates.

Mindless but persistent.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread