HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mmmm fine dining now avai...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:09 AM

Mmmm fine dining now available at Macca's

McDonald's branch first to offer plates and table service
A branch of McDonald's in Australia will become the first outlet in the world to offer diners the option of plates, cutlery and table service.

The outlet in the seaside suburb of Warilla, south of Sydney, won approval from the international fast-food giant's global headquarters in Chicago to trial a more formal service for five weeks.

The couple who run the outlet, Glenn and Katia Dwarte, came up with the idea after they started serving his parents and mother-in-law meals using cutlery during their weekly visits. The cutlery caught the attention of other patrons who began to request similar service.

When the company's Australian head, Catriona Noble, made a visit before Christmas, the franchise served her a meal with crockery and glassware.

Australia's arm of the food giant achieved a separate world-first last month after several stores were allowed to change their signage to "Macca's".

Surveys found that 55 per cent of Australians referred to the company by its nickname. Australia is the only country to refer to the chain as "Macca's" and the company has submitted the word to be included in the Macquarie Dictionary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9851792/McDonalds-branch-first-to-offer-plates-and-table-service.html

4 replies, 663 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mmmm fine dining now available at Macca's (Original post)
The Straight Story Feb 2013 OP
Glassunion Feb 2013 #1
Berlum Feb 2013 #2
Berlum Feb 2013 #3
Erose999 Feb 2013 #4

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:10 AM

1. I thought in the future we would go to Taco Bell for fine dining?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:11 AM

2. "Shut up and eat your Genetically Mutant Happy McTuckerBurger." - McDownUnder

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:09 PM

3. "I'll have Massive Quantitites, Matey." - Rush McBloviator (R)

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:29 PM

4. I was expecting Paul McCartney.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread