HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Snowstorm Friday Has Pote...

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 05:47 PM

Snowstorm Friday Has Potential To Be Historic (New England, Boston, etc)

BOSTON (CBS) - The snowstorm Friday will be big, but will it be historic and rival some of the legendary storms of Boston’s past?

The short answer is it just might.

I think it is safe to say that Friday’s storm will easily be the biggest one of not only this season but last season as well.

In fact, Boston has the chance to see as much snow in this one storm as they have seen in total from this winter and last!

Only six times in Boston’s weather history (more than 100 years) has more than 20 inches fallen in one storm. You truly need the atmosphere to set up just right for a blockbuster snow event.

MORE...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/snowstorm-friday-has-potential-to-be-historic/

4 replies, 961 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Snowstorm Friday Has Potential To Be Historic (New England, Boston, etc) (Original post)
Purveyor Feb 2013 OP
Purveyor Feb 2013 #1
madrchsod Feb 2013 #2
Purveyor Feb 2013 #3
longship Feb 2013 #4

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 06:23 PM

1. Potentially Dangerous Blizzard Forecast For New England After Run Of Paltry Winter Weather

Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 5:58 PM

CONCORD, N.H. — A blizzard heading to New England could make travel nearly impossible and dump up to 2 feet of snow on a region that has seen mostly bare ground this winter.

The snow will start Friday morning, with the heaviest amounts dumped on the region that night and into Saturday as the storm moves through New England and upstate New York, the National Weather Service said.

--CLIP
“This has the potential for being a dangerous storm, especially for Massachusetts into northeast Connecticut and up into Maine,” said Louis Uccellini, director of the weather agency’s National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

Uccellini, who has written two textbooks on northeastern snowstorms, said Wednesday it was too early to tell if the storm would be one for the record books. But he said it will be a rare and major storm, the type that means “you can’t let your guard down.”

MORE...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/skiers-snowmobilers-eager-for-northeast-snow-but-friday-winter-storm-cannot-save-some-plans/2013/02/06/5b659462-709e-11e2-b3f3-b263d708ca37_story.html

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 06:45 PM

2. northern illinois is in for part of that

we are supposed to get up to an inch of water in the form of rain,ice ,and snow tonight thru sunday.

yup! get ready new england......

Reply to this post

Response to madrchsod (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 06:52 PM

3. Talking about 3-4" of snow mid-michigan but warning for us to 'watch the track' as it is coming

together as it forms over us.

We could use the moisture as long as it isn't ice. I don't do 'ice'... LOL

Reply to this post

Response to Purveyor (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 07:18 PM

4. NOAA is saying up to a foot here in West Michigan.

Through Thursday, that is. I cannot possibly shovel my driveway. I hope my neighbor has his tractor ready. And if the road doesn't get plowed, I can't go anywhere anyway.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread