HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Lefty talk radio listener...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 03:41 PM

Lefty talk radio listeners: does it seem that a lot of RWNJ's are calling in?

I listen casually to Stephanie Miller, Ed, and Randi and it seems that in the past few months the number of callers who get through and read directly from the RWNJ playlist. First, they "just found your show on the radio and had a few questions/comments..."

They then read the Repuke talking points verbatim.

Are righty radio shows sending them to our progressive shows?

5 replies, 552 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lefty talk radio listeners: does it seem that a lot of RWNJ's are calling in? (Original post)
NightWatcher Feb 2013 OP
Arkansas Granny Feb 2013 #1
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #2
Arkansas Granny Feb 2013 #3
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #5
11 Bravo Feb 2013 #4

Response to NightWatcher (Original post)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 03:48 PM

1. Maybe it's a plot to get their message out where liberals will hear it. They know that

we're not going to tune in to broadcasts where they usually spout their garbage. I've wondered if that isn't what's motivating the large number of trolls who try to post here at DU.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 04:01 PM

2. Well maybe the left wing talk show message will get through to them and may

effect them to change. I mean I watched their shows on tv and heard a couple of former tea party people call in and say they were sorry to get caught up with that crazy group. So maybe slowly it will change. I read sometime ago that right wing talk show is losing listeners. People are moving more to the middle and don't like the likes of the crazy crazy right. So that alone is good news.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 04:09 PM

3. I hope that's right. Some of the stuff I've heard lately, especially around the time

of the elections, was just downright nutty and a little bit scary. The problem is that many people around here would rather believe the lies and ignore the facts.

Reply to this post

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 05:56 PM

5. I pray it is right also. You know Limpbaugh has hurt rightwing talk radio a lot.

It has effected rightwing talk radio ratings that are going down because of him. Sooner or later corporations are going to completely stop giving him money it is hurting their bottom line.

Reply to this post

Response to NightWatcher (Original post)

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 04:09 PM

4. Doesn't sound a whole Hell of a lot different than DU these days.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread