HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » You know, Bolivia f'ing r...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 11:45 AM

You know, Bolivia f'ing rocks. They lead by example.

I loved it when Bolivia was the first nation to recognize the rights of Mother Earth.
LOVE IT AGAIN yesterday:

FEB. 4 2013: Bolivia designates world’s largest protected wetland:
http://wwf.panda.org/wwf_news/?207471/Bolivia-designates-worlds-largest-protected-wetland

“We recognize the significant role of these wetlands in the conservation of Mother Earth, as well as the importance of the declaration confirming the Llanos de Moxos as internationally protected wetlands. We are proud to confirm to the world that the government of Bolivia is committed, in collaboration with social actors, to assuming the preservation of these areas as evidence of our efforts to achieve development for all our citizens," stated Juan Pablo Cardozo Arnez, Bolivian Deputy Minister for the Environment.

The Deputy Minister went on to say: “Echoing the words of our President Evo Morales, we call upon all countries to incorporate rights into their legislation and to comply with existing international agreements in this respect, so that human beings can begin to live in complete harmony and equilibrium with Mother Earth.”

2 replies, 596 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply You know, Bolivia f'ing rocks. They lead by example. (Original post)
Chiquitita Feb 2013 OP
FirstLight Feb 2013 #1
central scrutinizer Feb 2013 #2

Response to Chiquitita (Original post)

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 12:29 PM

1. I love this country too

I am not very knowledgeable about Latin America, Bolivia especially...but these news stories are inspiring, to say the least!

If the shit really did ever hit the fan here, I guess that's where I'd head to...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Chiquitita (Original post)

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 01:00 PM

2. their new coins say

"Plurinational State of Bolivia"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread