HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Michelle Rhee Can't Possi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:33 AM

Michelle Rhee Can't Possibly Be This Stupid, Can She?

QUESTIONER: You offered thousands of dollars to teachers and principals who brought up their schools’ test scores. Did you ever consider that it would encourage some to cheat?

RHEE;Teachers have integrity. And if money was the motivating factor, they wouldn’t be in education.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/magazine/michelle-rhee-gets-an-education.html?_r=0

Michelle, if money isn't a motivating factor for teachers, why would you offer them money to bring up test scores?!?!

There is no way that Michelle Rhee can possibly be this dumb. It's a trick. It's some sort of Machiavellian trick to make us drop our guard or something. There's just no way she's this obtuse. She can't be...

http://jerseyjazzman.blogspot.com/2013/02/michelle-rhee-cant-possibly-be-this.html

7 replies, 1302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Michelle Rhee Can't Possibly Be This Stupid, Can She? (Original post)
HiPointDem Feb 2013 OP
longship Feb 2013 #1
Sherman A1 Feb 2013 #2
Smarmie Doofus Feb 2013 #3
HiPointDem Feb 2013 #4
rhett o rick Feb 2013 #5
Starry Messenger Feb 2013 #6
cojoel Feb 2013 #7

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:57 AM

1. Ideologues always seem to have ethics problems.

Especially when there is data challenging their "truths".

Rhee is a horrible person.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 04:00 AM

2. Not at all

just self absorbed.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 05:33 AM

3. No. But she's a serial liar. I can't remember seeing so many dishonest responses packed into

... such a small space.

My fave:

>>>I assumed you loved publicity.
I don’t love publicity. I’m not that kind of person.>>>>>

Reply to this post

Response to Smarmie Doofus (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 05:35 AM

4. i wanted to post that bit along with all the pictures -- but copyright issues, you know.

she's got a PR Department, for god's sake.

yeah, she just shrinks from the press.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 08:54 AM

5. Boy she missed the point. If good teachers "have integrity" and money isnt a motivating

factor, then logically offering money would only motivate teachers without integrity. Duh!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 09:04 AM

6. Question: What is $140,000?

Answer: The amount of Michelle Rhee's six month severance pay on leaving her DC job in 2010.

"LL's no lawyer, but that looks like Rhee can get 24 weeks, also known as six months, of severance pay for leaving "for good cause," whatever that means. (It's hard to imagine Rhee didn't ensure her departure falls under that clause when she discussed it with Almost Mayor Vince Gray and Still Mayor Adrian Fenty.)

Her contract, which she signed in 2007, has a base pay of $275,000 plus yearly cost-of-living adjustments. So, for six months' pay, we're talking roughly $140,000 in severance, plus whatever leave she's built up."

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/looselips/2010/10/13/guess-michelle-rhees-severance-pay-hint-its-not-too-shabby/

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 11:47 AM

7. Sounds like a "Morton's Fork"

A property tax collection argument from old England. If you lived opulently, you obviously can afford to pay your taxes. If you live modestly, you must have been saving so you can afford to pay your taxes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread