HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Breaking : Drug Dealers A...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 09:18 PM

Breaking : Drug Dealers Admit Berkeley PD Have Asked Them To Assault Cop-watchers

"The cops said they would make things hard for us, if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

Today on Feb 3rd (2013) Drug dealers in People's Park have admitted today that Berkeley Police has recently asked them to assault local cop-watchers in retaliation against a complaint being heard by the Berkeley Police Review Commission which involves local police reform and Occupy activists. The dealers explained that the police have made a deal that BPD would look the other way provided they would keep cop-watchers out of People's Park and off of Telegraph Ave.

"The cops said they would make things hard for us, if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

"I'm going to punch you in the face. I know who you are, and I am going find you. The police will not protect you; they don't want you around." - A second dealer

A local cop-watcher was surrounded in People's Park, and threatened to be beaten if the individual did not leave the Park. The drug dealers explained that the Berkeley police are giving them amnesty on Telegraph and in People's Park if they would remove cop-watchers out of the Park. They seemed assured there would be no consequences to the attack, as if the attack truly would have police approval. Two maintenance workers cleaning the Park restroom, who happened to be in the area, moved closer to make their presence known, which prevented the attack. The cop-watcher was surrounded and pinned, and could have been killed.

The Berkeley police are facing a police review complaint regarding the improper ticketing of a medical marijuana user on Park property, despite presenting proper medical marijuana paperwork. This ticket was initiated by Officer Cole of BPD. Along with the ticket, marijuana was seized, placed into custody and has yet to be returned to the lawful medical holder. The detainment and ticketing of the medical marijuana holder was captured on video by a known cop-watcher, and had been distributed to the Berkeley Community Law Center as well as the police review commission. The complaint regarding this issue is under current review, with witnesses having being interviewed. People involved in the local activist community are witnesses. As well the official _Berkeley CopWatch_ has issued a private behind the scenes statement on behalf of the complaint.

The average cop-watcher is for sensible drug reform, and and an end to the militarized drug war. So the police have chosen a tactic to contract hits on cop-watchers by granting amnesty to drug dealers. The tactic creates conflict; how can cop-watch in Berkeley safely operate if drug dealers are given the green light to beat cop-watchers?

The drug dealers who surrounded the cop-watcher made it very clear that the Berkeley police told them that they would be run out, if they would not stop cop-watch from patrolling Telegraph Ave. The said that the police would make things harder for people caught dealing drugs, if cop-watch continued to film and provide advice during police business.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/02/03/18731288.php

21 replies, 1794 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply Breaking : Drug Dealers Admit Berkeley PD Have Asked Them To Assault Cop-watchers (Original post)
DogPawsBiscuitsNGrav Feb 2013 OP
annabanana Feb 2013 #1
freshwest Feb 2013 #2
Nika Feb 2013 #3
pasto76 Feb 2013 #4
DogPawsBiscuitsNGrav Feb 2013 #8
Nika Feb 2013 #9
Nika Feb 2013 #10
Fuddnik Feb 2013 #12
Logical Feb 2013 #5
Bonobo Feb 2013 #17
reACTIONary Feb 2013 #6
Luminous Animal Feb 2013 #7
defacto7 Feb 2013 #11
GETPLANING Feb 2013 #13
lpbk2713 Feb 2013 #14
UnrepentantLiberal Feb 2013 #15
Flying Squirrel Feb 2013 #18
Bonobo Feb 2013 #16
Flying Squirrel Feb 2013 #19
Festivito Feb 2013 #21
RedCappedBandit Feb 2013 #20

Response to DogPawsBiscuitsNGrav (Original post)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 09:23 PM

1. Ho GREAT. Clearly Occupy is more dangerous than the drug dealers...

This is seriously fucked up.

(tweeted, emailed, faced)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 10:19 PM

2. Serious level of corruption there.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:04 PM

3. Outragious, but not hard to believe.

Reply to this post

Response to Nika (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:11 PM

4. really? cops are giving dealers a free pass because occupy people are much more dangerous. right

and of course, the source of this is...a drug dealer.

you know, freeper type people are regular ridiculed on DU for believing anything and everything with no real evidence, but since its what they want to believe, they choose to do so. Just because you are on the left doesnt make it OK. feel me

Reply to this post

Response to pasto76 (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:37 PM

8. I tend to trust the local blogs, colleges, forums more than the big corporate guys who've been

caught lying and covering for each other for years. What ever you do never deviate from your socially approved corporate media, that it just so happens the courts ruled are legally able to omit the facts and lie to us. I'll take my chances in the real world. Feel me?

Fox-Can-Lie Lawsuit
People frequently refer to a court case that Fox won, which essentially gives the media the right to lie. This came from an appellate court decision that states that the FCC’s news distortion policy does not qualify as a rule, law, or regulation.
From Wikipedia:
Jane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to knowingly include false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Company’s production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk. They successfully sued under Florida’s whistle blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a “law, rule, or regulation”, and so the whistle blower law did not apply.
The court agreed with WTVT’s (Fox) argument “that the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news — which the FCC has called its “news distortion policy” — does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or regulation” under section 448.102. Because the FCC’s news distortion policy is not a “law, rule, or regulation” under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower’s statute.”
In 2001, Jane Akre and her husband won the Goldman Environmental Prize as a recognition for their report

http://foxnewsboycott.com/resources/fox-can-lie-lawsuit/

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:52 PM

9. I have been activist a long time and have experienced bad things

that involve illegal actions by certain police officers. I don't put blame on the overall organization, but I know from experience there are bad cops.

So, you are welcome to not like my view or browbeat me as a liar, but I have the peace people have speaking from a place that involves more than opinion on this topic.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:00 AM

10. By the way, I have done cop watch and been arrested for doing so on trumped up shit

and had the cop doing so break the law when he tried to accrue a charge of resisting on me.

Having a cop blow in your ear while handcuffed and passively resisting is an eye opening experience.

Not all cops are evil and corrupt, but they are all human and some very much are.

I always laud the cops then they do something good and right, as well as criticize and resist when they do bad and act in an evil way.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:08 AM

12. There's a new book out called "Subversives", by Seth Rosenfeld.

It has a lot about the Berkley and Oakland PD's actions against protesters during the Free Speech Movement, and Vietnam protests.

This is a generations long problem. They unleashed Hells Angels on peace marchers. Shot and killed construction workers who were innocent bystanders. Ed Meese said they deserved to die.

Well worth a read, for the complicity of The PD, FBI, CIA, J. Edgar Hoover, Ronald Reagan, and Ed Meese, among others.

I remember when Tricky Dick sicced the Cuban exile community on us in Flamingo Park, in Miami Beach in 1972.

http://www.amazon.com/Subversives-Student-Radicals-Reagans-Power/dp/0374257000/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359954048&sr=1-1&keywords=subversives

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:19 PM

5. Corrupt cops??? Shocked I say! n-t

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #5)

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:33 AM

17. Beyond corruption.

You say 'corruption' and you think of cops taking payoffs.

But cops arranging to overlook criminals in exchange for beating up innocent people trying to check police abuse? THAT is fascism.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:25 PM

6. What is a "cop watcher"? Why the park? (nt)

Reply to this post

Response to reACTIONary (Reply #6)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:31 PM

7. There is a decades long org call Cop Watch in the East Bay. They film cops

harassing people going about their business.

No surprise the thug cops are going after them.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:07 AM

11. I believe it. n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:09 AM

13. The only people more dishonest than the mob are the cops.

I have heard this from attorneys, judges, and even one prosecutor.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:13 AM

14. You can no longer tell the good guys from the bad guys.

I knew the day would come, and it is now here.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:29 AM

15. This will turn into a huge scandal

if it's not ignored by the cable "news" channels.

Reply to this post

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Reply #15)

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 02:46 AM

18. In other words, this will never be noticed by the average American. n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 12:31 AM

16. I know the word is verboten, but isn't that at least a little 'fascistic'? nt

Reply to this post

Response to Bonobo (Reply #16)

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 02:48 AM

19. Verboten my ass.

Fascism fascism fascism fascism fascism fascism fascism fascism fascism police state police state police state police state police state.

Reply to this post

Response to Bonobo (Reply #16)

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 06:52 AM

21. Verboten is German for forbidden. Fascist is the closest word.

The police in Berkeley seem to be anti-democracy pro-rich-and-powerful-being-above-the-law fascists.

We lack definitive words in American English.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 03:31 AM

20. C'mon, just some isolated bad apples. Nothing to see here.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread