HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Roe V Wade Already Being ...

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 12:48 PM

Roe V Wade Already Being Overturned State By State By Passing Obstruction Laws ----

that make health services for women impossible to access. And these laws go beyond making abortion unavailable. We know they want to end contraception as well, yet the RW fundies are still moving forward more aggressively than before.

What is most bothersome about the movement is that women are losing their rights and the RW is also stopping them from publicly protesting as well. Look at what happened in Virginia.

6 replies, 535 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 12:50 PM

1. Yes, and it just proves that..

.. a law is only as good as its enforcement.

Conspicuous by its absence: federal enforcement.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 12:57 PM

2. Roe v. Wade was killed in kansas by a rightwing extremist terrorist with a gun and bullet in church

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #2)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 01:02 PM

4. Completely untrue. It's been whittled away for decades. Far before Dr. Tiller

was assassinated. And Roe is not dead though it has been severely crippled in many red states.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 01:00 PM

3. Hardly "already". This so frustrates me to see. It's been going on for fucking decades

Why do so many of you think this is a recent phenomena? And it's not even more aggressively.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 01:16 PM

5. Some days I feel like just giving up the fight and letting this incredibly

fucked up country have the christofascist theocracy it wants so damned bad. And if the majority who don't want it sit on their hands and let it happen, they deserve it.

I feel especially angry and bitter towards women on the right who have completely betrayed their sisters, selling us out for their fifty pieces of silver.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 01:36 PM

6. We have been saying for years and years they will go after contraception too

They will not stop with just abortion. Women should be married, at home, and making as many babies as GAWD decides. The Catholic Church is leading the way on this one. That too doesn't surprise as a former Catholic.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread