HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tennessee GOP: Report Stu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:42 PM

Tennessee GOP: Report Students Who Might Be Gay

Tennessee GOP: Report Students Who Might Be Gay
Posted on 01/30/2013 at 4:30 pm by JM Ashby

A new provision added to Tennessee’s proposed “Don’t Say Gay” bill compels teachers to inform parents if they believe their child might be gay.

The bill, SB 234, still bars Tennessee teachers from discussing any facet of “non-heterosexual” sexuality with children in grades K-8. But the newest iteration also includes a provision requiring teachers or counselors to inform the parents of some students who identify themselves as LGBT. State Sen. Stacey Campfield (R), who authored the bill the first time around and again introduced it this time, calls out students who might be “at risk,” but leaves the interpretation of that behavior to the teacher.

Don’t say gay, and don’t discuss being gay with students, but please inform parents if you believe a student is “at risk” of being gay. To what end?

http://www.bobcesca.com/blog-archives/2013/01/tennessee-gop-report-students-who-might-be-gay.html

7 replies, 1043 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tennessee GOP: Report Students Who Might Be Gay (Original post)
kpete Jan 2013 OP
msongs Jan 2013 #1
spanone Jan 2013 #6
MuseRider Jan 2013 #2
sadbear Jan 2013 #3
GoCubsGo Jan 2013 #4
Bake Jan 2013 #5
rjj621 Jan 2013 #7

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:47 PM

1. jesus loves you .... unless you are in tennessee nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msongs (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:59 PM

6. we have been overrun by the insane down here....

reThug house, senate and gub'ner

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:48 PM

2. At risk????

What do they suggest you do with those "at risk" students? Hmmm? They must have something up their sleeves.

Assholes.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:49 PM

3. This is in retaliation for people reporting that these republicans are major league assholes.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:50 PM

4. "Leaves the interpretation of that behavior up to the teacher"?

What the fucking holy hell is wrong with these idiots???

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:57 PM

5. And the GOP wonders why they lost last November ...

They really ARE the STUPID PARTY. And they get stupider and stupider by the day. They just can't help themselves.

Bake

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:05 PM

7. WTF?!?!

"at risk"?? What does that mean?? How do you tell? Since the article mentions K-8 I'm thinking that open to interpretation means that every K-4 boy may be "at risk" simply by the natural brain development and they way they act. My girlfriends 6 year old son has run around jumping and singing "I'm a fairy", had put on some of his moms necklaces and rings and cat-walked saying "I'm a princess", Started "vogueing" during last years Super Bowl and saying there should be more dancing and less football, or saying he was going to marry me just because he thinks it's funny to see my facial expression and shudder. If we're talking interpretation, he's "at risk" for being a rather normal whiny completely un-masculine 6 year old boy that's more stereotypical "girly" than my 7 year old daughter but it's normal at that age and he has no concept of gay or straight.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread