HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Public testimony from the...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:13 PM

Public testimony from the CT Gun Violence Prevention Working Group on 1/28/13

Here is a link to ALL 12 hours and 44 minutes of the public testimony from the CT Gun Violence Prevention Committee meeting yesterday. This should be considered dial up very unfriendly

http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/webstream.asp?odID=8634&odTitle=Gun%20Violence%20Prevention%20Working%20Group%20of%20the%20Bipartisan%20Task%20Force%20Public%20Hearing&caption=true

Full disclosure: Yes I was there, Yes I testified, Yes I testified against further firearms restrictions and no I'm not going to tell you which one I am or when I spoke. I value my own privacy and for better or worse, it would be easy to find me and where I live if I gave you that information.

2 replies, 501 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Public testimony from the CT Gun Violence Prevention Working Group on 1/28/13 (Original post)
Lurks Often Jan 2013 OP
Robb Jan 2013 #1
Lurks Often Jan 2013 #2

Response to Lurks Often (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:14 PM

1. Were you a respectful pro-gun voice, or a jackass pro-gun voice?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Robb (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:29 PM

2. Lol, that would be subjective, wouldn't it?

I don't think the jack ass pro-gun (or to be fair, anti gun for that matter) voice really recognizes he or she is a jack ass.

I will say that I thought I was polite, made informed, intelligent comments and wasn't a jack ass.

I will also say how bad so many of the people, on both sides were about public speaking.

Even some of the "professional" politicians weren't necessarily good at public speaking. The Senator or Representative from the town of Naugatuck (I think) spend 5 minutes string words together into sentences that made no sense. I THINK she was anti-gun, but she made so little sense, I couldn't be sure.

Her comments took place during the first 3 hours of the committee on Monday, so they are not in the link.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread