HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is Obama right? Until Re...

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:14 PM

Is Obama right? Until Republicans feel that there’s a real price to pay for them just saying no...

In a revealing interview with The New Republic that was published over the weekend, President Obama laid plain the strategic choice that he believes faces the Republican party heading into 2014 — and beyond.

“Until Republicans feel that there’s a real price to pay for them just saying no and being obstructionist, you’ll probably see at least a number of them arguing that we should keep on doing it,”
the president said. “It worked for them in the 2010 election cycle, and I think there are those who believe that it can work again.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/01/28/why-president-obama-is-right-about-the-gop/?tid=socialss

I think he is right.

Has anything changed?

Have they paid a price?

Because it seems that the immature selfish bratty 3 year olds are still running the budget and the talking points with their corporate suck up media towing the line for them.

Why would they stop?

They have no shame, they are still making all the rules in their favor, many dems seem to be playing along...

I think it might be US that has to change.

How are we going to make them pay the price for their lies and hypocrisy and just plain stupidity?

6 replies, 452 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is Obama right? Until Republicans feel that there’s a real price to pay for them just saying no... (Original post)
Fight2Win Jan 2013 OP
lsewpershad Jan 2013 #1
el_bryanto Jan 2013 #2
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #4
libtodeath Jan 2013 #3
randome Jan 2013 #5
pampango Jan 2013 #6

Response to Fight2Win (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:28 PM

1. Wiyh our votes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lsewpershad (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:30 PM

2. Unfortunately you mean with the votes of the people in their district

And while in some cases it might be possible to vote some one out, thanks to gerrymandering a lot of them don't really have to worry about a democratic challenge (frankly they have more to fear from primary challenges).

Bryant

Reply to this post

Response to el_bryanto (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:21 PM

4. yes, exactly why we need to do more than vote

we need to reinvent the 'tar and feather' shaming politicians into leaving town...but verbally, non violently....

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:33 PM

3. The word republican should make people want to throw up when they hear it.

Reply to this post

Response to libtodeath (Reply #3)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:22 PM

5. We're headed that way, I think.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:29 PM

6. They have 'caved' on the debt ceiling and are 'caving' on immigration reform. Neither are total

'caves' but we are making some progress. They only have done this have paid a real political price. There will be many battles in the future but I'm glad for these initial partial 'caves' from the right.

Obama seems to have a plan for making them pay a price (Boner professes that Obama wants to destroy the republican party), even if it involves some tactical moves (like taking a 'moderate' position on something in order to make the republicans look more foolish when they reject that) that make me wonder sometimes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread