HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rubio To Rush: I Have An ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:55 PM

Rubio To Rush: I Have An Escape Hatch On Immigration

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) made the case for immigration reform to Rush Limbaugh on his radio show Tuesday, but made clear his willingness to blow up talks if he thinks a bill is moving too far to the left.

Limbaugh, who said on Monday that “it’s up to me and Fox News” to kill immigration reform efforts, gave Rubio a respectful hearing but said he feared the senator was being exploited to advance Democratic goals.

Rubio defended his efforts as a shield against accusations that Republicans don’t care about immigrants in case negotiations fail.

“If they want to go further than the Senate agreement, I think they have a problem because they cant argue we haven’t tried to do our part to come up with something that’s reasonable,” he said.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/rubio-to-rush-i-have-an-escape-hatch-on-immigration.php

4 replies, 694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to kpete (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:58 PM

1. And so the Republicans still believe everybody , including immigrants, are stupid and

can't see through their schemes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:03 PM

2. I wouldn't trust Jeb's protegee any further than I could throw him.

He has a proven track record of being a self serving weasel.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:41 PM

3. Rush said "he had reviewed “scholarly research” indicating that immigrants no longer came to America

to better their lot through hard work but instead because they believed “government is the source of prosperity.”

I wonder if Rush told his audience what napkin his 'scholarly research' was written on.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 06:13 PM

4. Why did I even clcik on this story? Everytime I read somethng with Rubio and Rush I know i'm gonna

have to fight back my gag reflex. They are so not worth it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread