HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sick or Educational? I ca...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:43 PM

Sick or Educational? I can't make up my mind.

Mexican town cashes in by offering tourists illegal border crossing experience: Thrill-seekers are chased through dark wilderness by gun-wielding 'border patrol agents'

Over the past eight years, travellers from around the globe have trekked to the small town to take part in the Caminata Nocturna.

Participants in the Caminata Nocturna, which translates as 'night walk', go on a challenging trek where they must evade 'immigration officials' and 'border patrol agents' as they flee through rough terrain.

Of course, unlike the millions of migrants who illegally cross into the U.S, the touristsí lives are in no real danger. A worst case scenario here would be a nasty fall.

Nevertheless, as documentary-maker Jamie Meltzer showed in his film La Caminata, the workers give a convincing performance to give curious tourists a relatively genuine experience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200689/Mexican-town-cashes-offering-tourists-illegal-border-crossing-experience-Thrill-seekers-chased-dark-wilderness-gun-wielding-border-patrol-agents.html

1 replies, 400 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sick or Educational? I can't make up my mind. (Original post)
Baitball Blogger Jan 2013 OP
Lesmoderesstupides Jan 2013 #1

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:52 PM

1. I am holding out for the Festival del Fuego y el pollo myself

Seriously this is pretty messed up

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread