HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Booze and guns don't mix,...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:52 PM

Booze and guns don't mix, and that includes wine!

Winemakers stop supplying NRA club in latest of business withdrawals following Newtown reactions

A little dry, somewhat tasteless, lacking good judgment ó with just a hint of cherry.

At least thatís how one wine-producer might describe the National Rifle Associationís wine club.

The NRA, already under fire for what was seen as its comprehensively insensitive response to the shooting tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., is facing another round of criticism from suppliers of its wine club.

The NRA has actually hosted a popular wine club since 2007, but widespread knowledge of it only occurred recently, as the groupís name shot to headlines with increasing frequency due to a recent rash of deadly school shootings.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wine-makers-pull-nra-club-article-1.1250017

The NRA has a wine club. I knew they had a whine club to moan and groan about 'gun grabbers', but really, they offer wine at discounts to those who want to support their bullshit! blech... Guns and booze really don't mix.

1 replies, 373 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Booze and guns don't mix, and that includes wine! (Original post)
boston bean Jan 2013 OP
Brother Buzz Jan 2013 #1

Response to boston bean (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:03 PM

1. Why would NRA even offer a wine from a Namby Pamby country with strict gun control?

I'm just saying.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread