HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Life Begins At 40&q...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:58 AM

"Life Begins At 40" Is A Terrible Slogan For Anti-Abortion Advocates

I feel like I shouldn't even need to explain this.

On their website the Family Research Council recently posted an article about how they're marking the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with the headline "Life Begins At 40." I glanced at the piece:

For four decades, families have traveled over miles of wintry highways in the hope that their trips to Washington, D.C. will someday end--and with it, one of the darkest periods of... Okay, yeah, whatever, crazy people with the carnage posters. But your message here is not getting across. Because "Life Begins At 40" doesn't sound like a slogan. It sounds like a really serious policy change. It sounds like instead of trying to meet the feminists of America halfway, you've just leapfrogged over them and run straight into some morally dark territory. I was thinking it was maybe some intern's error. Someone will catch it. And then the president of the FRC, Tony Perkins, tweeted it. Then I had to reply.

"Killing a 39 year-old is still homicide in my book," I tweeted at him. He hasn't gotten back yet.

Dear FRC: Here's why you're capable of saying and writing unfortunate things like this. It's because...

READ THE REST (WITH LINKS):
http://www.paulbibeau.blogspot.com/2013/01/life-begins-at-40-is-terrible-slogan.html

0 replies, 367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread