HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » my son had a district wid...

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:02 AM

my son had a district wide wrestling tournament this weekend

Two guys from our team won 1st place in their weight division and several others who placed second, third or fourth. I was proud of our whole team and very proud of my son. Something very interesting, two of the teams had girls competing. One didn't do so well, but the other won 1st place in her weight division. It was so cool. When she stood on that podium to accept her medal I just had to cheer for her. It was great.

3 replies, 657 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply my son had a district wide wrestling tournament this weekend (Original post)
liberal_at_heart Jan 2013 OP
physioex Jan 2013 #1
dballance Jan 2013 #2
liberal_at_heart Jan 2013 #3

Response to liberal_at_heart (Original post)

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:07 AM

1. Great story, Thank you for sharing. EOM

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to liberal_at_heart (Original post)

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:13 AM

2. I Bet If She Wants to When She's Old Enough She'll be Able to Pass Any Standards for Combat

I've known lots of women who were just as physically capable as men. This young woman proves me right.

GOOD FOR HER!

Reply to this post

Response to dballance (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:26 AM

3. It was great to see her coach's response when she won

You could tell he was so proud of her. That coach was a great sport all night. Anytime his wrestler went up against someone tough and they both put up a good fight, no matter who won the coach always stood and cheered for both wrestlers.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread