HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Speed Sisters - three you...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 09:03 AM

Speed Sisters - three young women in Palestine

The CBS morning show had this story on. I'd never heard of them, but I was suddenly cheering. Three young Palestinian women are currently amateur racers but want to turn pro.

The clip below is from some site other than CBS. Another woman is making a documentary about the three and the site is a clip of her film and a plea for fundraising . . . but not obnoxious.

Anyway, I really thought this was cool and a real "Good For Them!" kind of story.

http://www.indiegogo.com/speedsisters

3 replies, 519 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Speed Sisters - three young women in Palestine (Original post)
Stinky The Clown Jan 2013 OP
Scurrilous Jan 2013 #1
Lizzie Poppet Jan 2013 #2
FSogol Jan 2013 #3

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 03:46 PM

1. K & R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 03:50 PM

2. Awesome!

Motor racing in general is a sport in which there is little bar to women being fully competitive with men. This has long been demonstrated in drag racing, as well as Indy Car, and even the World Rally Championship (which can make a good claim to being the most stringent test of driver skill there is). In motorcycle road racing, young Elena Myers has become the first female ever to win a professional motor racing event at Daytona. While many forms of racing are physical, they are almost never particularly strength-oriented; motor skills and endurance are more important.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM

3. K & R. n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread