HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why isn't everyone MAD AS...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:28 AM

Why isn't everyone MAD AS HELL that they are NOT AUDITING THE PENTAGON? (Update: Now With Petition)

Last edited Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:22 PM - Edit history (1)

UPDATE: Thank you Scuba for writing a petition to the White House!
They refused to build a Death Star, is it too much to ask that they audit the Military and DHS?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022247461

Please consider signing the White House Petition to "Conduct a complete fiscal audit of all Military and DHS Spending"
http://wh.gov/yE6i

Every day we talk about spending, the deficit, the debt....

Obama is talking about poverty in his inauguration, lifting people up and equality...

meanwhile the vast majority of our tax dollars goes to the military, and they don't have to even bother accounting for it.

Everything else we discuss is a farce, anything our Congress does is a farce...with the fact that in the greatest country on earth, a military that spends more than the world combined, the vast majority of our tax dollars going to that military...

and the fact they take most of our tax dollars for whatever they want and don't have to account for it

Can someone explain to me why this isn't a big deal?

The Republicans are so concerned about the debt, why don't we call them on this bullshit?

Why isn't Limbaugh, Beck and all the assholes on corporate media forced to answer to this?

This was the problem with Occupy too. It doesn't matter what the truth is, the corporate media just lies and distracts, and everyone is watching it like a bad movie that we can't shut off.

Democracy isn't a movie, and there is no way in hell that our founders or any of our ancestors would put up with the bullshit we do now.

A Democracy cannot exist without a free press, but the internet is doing a good job of filling in.

Is there any way DUers can help spread the word on this, send it to everyone you know, facebook, email corporate media?

At least just kick and rec it so everyone on DU will see it
?

The Government Accountability Office said Thursday that it could not complete an audit of the federal government, pointing to serious problems with the Department of Defense.

Along with the Pentagon, the GAO cited the Department of Homeland Security as having problems so significant that it was impossible for investigators to audit it. The DHS got a qualified audit for fiscal year 2012, and is seeking an unqualified audit for 2013.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/gao-audit-federal-government-defense_n_2507097.html

87 replies, 6863 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 87 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why isn't everyone MAD AS HELL that they are NOT AUDITING THE PENTAGON? (Update: Now With Petition) (Original post)
Fight2Win Jan 2013 OP
LiberalEsto Jan 2013 #1
robertogt Jan 2013 #59
Agschmid Jan 2013 #63
think Jan 2013 #65
Agschmid Jan 2013 #67
zappaman Jan 2013 #74
think Jan 2013 #77
think Jan 2013 #2
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #5
think Jan 2013 #6
Scuba Jan 2013 #8
think Jan 2013 #9
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #12
think Jan 2013 #13
think Jan 2013 #21
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #32
think Jan 2013 #38
Victor_c3 Jan 2013 #55
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #72
merrily Jan 2013 #44
Angry Dragon Jan 2013 #3
TwilightGardener Jan 2013 #4
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #14
TwilightGardener Jan 2013 #20
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #24
topcat007 Jan 2013 #7
jwirr Jan 2013 #10
HipChick Jan 2013 #11
Brigid Jan 2013 #15
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #17
Demo_Chris Jan 2013 #16
hay rick Jan 2013 #18
merrily Jan 2013 #45
hootinholler Jan 2013 #19
think Jan 2013 #22
valerief Jan 2013 #40
bigwillq Jan 2013 #23
hay rick Jan 2013 #25
Hun Joro Jan 2013 #26
dkf Jan 2013 #27
think Jan 2013 #35
merrily Jan 2013 #46
G_j Jan 2013 #28
Scuba Jan 2013 #29
think Jan 2013 #39
Scuba Jan 2013 #49
hay rick Jan 2013 #41
Brigid Jan 2013 #50
OldDem2012 Jan 2013 #51
2naSalit Jan 2013 #66
DogPawsBiscuitsNGrav Jan 2013 #30
JEB Jan 2013 #31
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #33
Brigid Jan 2013 #47
Scuba Jan 2013 #53
think Jan 2013 #54
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #75
former9thward Jan 2013 #34
99Forever Jan 2013 #36
patrice Jan 2013 #37
Amonester Jan 2013 #42
dmosh42 Jan 2013 #43
JDPriestly Jan 2013 #48
Aldo Leopold Jan 2013 #52
avaistheone1 Jan 2013 #56
Egalitarian Thug Jan 2013 #57
think Jan 2013 #60
dreamnightwind Jan 2013 #68
Egalitarian Thug Jan 2013 #70
Frustratedlady Jan 2013 #58
Blue Owl Jan 2013 #61
think Jan 2013 #62
PufPuf23 Jan 2013 #64
woo me with science Jan 2013 #76
Brigid Jan 2013 #69
duhneece Jan 2013 #71
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #73
RedCappedBandit Jan 2013 #78
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #79
cpamomfromtexas Jan 2013 #80
grahamhgreen Jan 2013 #81
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #82
woo me with science Jan 2013 #83
Brigid Jan 2013 #84
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #85
okaawhatever Jan 2013 #86
Fight2Win Jan 2013 #87

Response to Fight2Win (Original post)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:29 AM

1. K&R

This is beyond disgusting and urgently needs to be addressed

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LiberalEsto (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:34 PM

59. Small Wonder

The last time there was an attempt to audit the Pentagon a plane flew thru the window on 911 where the audit was being conducted. The day before(9/10) Rumsfeld said the Pentagon couldn't find $2.3Trillion. Anymore questions?

Reply to this post

Response to robertogt (Reply #59)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:49 PM

63. CT or real?

I am just wondering I know nothing about this, either way.

Reply to this post

Response to Agschmid (Reply #63)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:56 PM

65. Rummy made the statement regarding the $2.3 trillion that is unaccounted for:

Last edited Wed Jan 23, 2013, 07:01 PM - Edit history (1)

the day before 9/11.

(Edit: It was pointed out to me that the OP posted that it was tied to 9/11 and the Pentagon events that day. I am not aware of any validity to these ties. I only meant to confirm the figure Rummy stated and when it was stated.)

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #65)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 02:27 PM

67. thanks. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #65)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:58 PM

74. Very not real

"According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible"-Donald Rumsfeld

It's not that the money is "missing", then, at least according to Rumsfeld, more that incompatible and aging financial systems don't allow it to be tracked throughout the system. A DoD news document from April 2002 spelled this out even more clearly:
In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=44199

http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Missing_Trillions

Reply to this post

Response to zappaman (Reply #74)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 06:55 PM

77. My bad.

I didn't see the op was linking it to 9/11 and the pentagon. I know nothing about that.

Was responding quick as to whether Rummy said those things and when it was said. It is very real that $2.3 trillion in military spending couldn't be accounted for.

Yes missing does sound more onerous and it can be construed as misleading if one thinks that all $2.3 trillion just disappeared. We just don't know what it was spent on and if the money was spent properly without kickbacks, overcharges, cost overruns, etc.

My focus was on the topic of military spending and I stand corrected. Will update the post to this effect.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:41 AM

2. Could one get 100,000 signatures for a White House petition to demand

a full and immediate audit of the pentagon? With 100,000 signatures the White House states they will reply. It's a start.

A petition can be created here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/create

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:54 AM

5. that is a great idea!

I wonder if someone here would like to write the petition?

Then we could spread it from DU to twitter, facebook and everywhere?

(I would write it but there would be too much anger and swearing, someone else might be better at it)

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #5)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:58 AM

6. I checked before posting hoping one had already been started

but none have been initiated.

If you'd like to make a a rough draft I'd be willing to help fine tune it. Perhaps then put the rough draft up here for others to help with the wording.

Just a thought...

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #6)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:10 AM

8. How about "Conduct a complete fiscal audit of all Military and DHS Spending."

Too wordy?

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #8)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:13 AM

9. Spot on

Both need to be audited to figure out where the money went and where it is going.

Not too wordy at all.

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #6)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:32 AM

12. awesome! Great idea!!

That would be so cool, thank you so much, you have made my day.

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #12)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

13. It only makes sense fiscally and morally for the Pentagon & DHS

to be made accountable for the massive amounts of American tax payers money that fuels those agencies.

Hopefully more will join in on getting a well written petition started.

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #12)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:56 AM

21. Here is a petition posted here in Dec:

It never got much traction but it never hurts to try and try again.

One thing is certain. It will be difficult to get 100,000 signatures considering the noticeable lack of interest in this issue. But the squeaky wheel gets the grease and nothing ever worth fighting for comes easy.

As Scuba mentioned I would include the auditing of the DHS into the wording. Overall though this earlier effort by a newer member here, lrellok , appears to be thorough and well written:

Mr. President

At the current time, yourself and members of congress are debating corrections to the federal budget in order to reduce or eliminate the deficit. Among proposals are reforms to social security, taxes, the social safety net, and regulations necessary for the proper and safe operation of our economy. However, one department has been conspicuously left out of the discussion.

In a USA today report http://tinyurl.com/dxomoqm 76% of Americans support cutting the defense budget in some manner. However, objections have been raised that arbitrary cuts might damage our defense capabilities now and in the future. Thus, Americans require a clear assessment of overspending on the part of the DOD/Pentagon, in order to reach clear opinions as to the scope and scale of cuts they wish to have made.
The Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Act of 1990 requires that all government departments conduct an annual audit to ensure their proper use of the taxpayers money. However, in the 20 years since this law was passed, one department has consistently failed to produce and audit, the Department of Defense. Credible reporting http://tinyurl.com/csdpebs indicates that an attempt made late in the Clinton administration found that out of 7 trillion in allocations, 2.3 trillion could not be properly accounted for. If the pentagon does not feel certain transactions are important enough to properly document, why should the taxpayers feel any obligation to continue funding said transactions?

In this time of fiscal constraint and concern over deficit spending, it is utterly and totally absurd that the largest segment of discretionary government spending cannot even be bothered to conduct the most simple of household functions, IE balancing its checkbook. The idea that wasteful and unpopular spending can continue for no other reason then its obfuscation from the publicís eye is unacceptable in a free and democratic society. An audit must be completed. If no significant waist is found, then you have a free hand to state that defense cuts cannot be made without risk to national security. If significant or relevant waste is found, then you now have a clear path to budget reduction without risk to national security. It is imperative both to the protection of our nation and the credibility of your efforts at deficit reduction that an audit of the pentagon be completed immediately. The outgoing Secretary of Defense has assured Americans that an audit can be completed by 2014 http://tinyurl.com/c7syhr7 . We must insist that the incoming secretary be held to this.

Mr President, We humbly ask that if the Department of Defense audit has not been completed and submitted to your office, congress and the public by January 1, 2014, you will order the Department of Justice to begin an external audit of the pentagon January the 2nd, 2014.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1021146

Let's discuss and make some changes. Then post for further discussion here on DU to get more input and to gain support before submitting the petition to the White House site.

With a little coordination maybe we can hit 100k in the 30 days allotted by the WH.

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #21)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:31 PM

32. that one is pretty good, but I have the feeling that yours will be even better

and the timing is right, right now!

Everyone can help spread this around, We CAN do this!

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #32)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:48 PM

38. Scuba started a petition:

Scuba's short cut to the petition:

http://wh.gov/yE6i

Full link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/conduct-complete-fiscal-audit-all-military-and-dhs-spending/KZC1sDvn?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

I signed and support it. I will post it a few places as well as here with some background. Let's hope we can hit 100k on the first go!

Thanks for your original post.

Peace

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #38)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:23 PM

55. I just posted this on my favorite conservative forum

hopefully it'll get some of the right wing guys amped up too.

This should be a no-brainer bipartisan issue. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the spending, you have to agree that the money should be going where the government is saying it should be going.

Reply to this post

Response to Victor_c3 (Reply #55)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:39 PM

72. yes, why wouldn't every Republican be screaming loudly about this?

If they really care about the debt that is...

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #5)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:58 PM

44. Dude. Just say "Audit the Pentagon" and give the Huffpo link.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 AM

3. FIND THE MONEY

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:53 AM

4. We can be all kinds of mad, but we can't do much about it. The article states that the earliest

there will be a full accounting is 2017.

Reply to this post

Response to TwilightGardener (Reply #4)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:37 AM

14. why? That is unacceptable. I highly doubt the government would accept that from taxpayers

This is bullshit, they work for US, and they are failing miserably.

Our government wants to know every damn thing about us, they are illegally wiretapping, etc.

But they cannot be expected to account for where they spend our money?

This is when they go on and on about spending, threatening to cut social security....

and they expect us to accept that they cannot audit where they spend most of our money?!

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #14)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:56 AM

20. I have no idea who is (or has been) in charge of the DoD's accounting and book-keeping.

Whoever they are, they should be fired. But beyond that, there's not much to be done--the problem has been identified, and apparently they're working on it--they're just going to be three years behind. It's ridiculous, and they want to cut entitlements to preserve the DoD's overblown and unaccounted-for funds, but that's where we are.

Reply to this post

Response to TwilightGardener (Reply #20)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 PM

24. video 2001, apparently CBS did their job at the time, the person who did care about missing money

The Investigator was a former marine auditing the pentagon and found problems, he was shocked when asked the question 'why do you care' and then he was quickly reassigned.

Congressmen John Murtha and Jim Moran shrug off a question about the Pentagon missing $2.3 Trillion, "you must mean Billions"

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:08 AM

7. Terrible.

Cut the budget by 80 per cent -save the economy -That's what national security is all about.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:17 AM

10. You are correct that it should be audited but I wonder when the last time was that it happened?

If I am not mistaken it is a very long time ago.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:19 AM

11. They depend heavily on outside contracters

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:38 AM

15. And in the meantime . . .

While the Pentagon's records are in such disarray they can't even be audited, our ballooning deficit is being blamed on families using food stamps to stretch their minimum-wage paychecks and retirees collecting Social Security benefits they PAID for. Pardon me while I...

Reply to this post

Response to Brigid (Reply #15)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 AM

17. +1000000

That is what is making me so angry

They are blaming the victims of their horrible policies for their spending,waste and abuse when the Pentagon is where all the money is going and they don't care.

They don't give a fuck about spending at all!

These assholes need to be held accountable, and they need to be held accountable by US!

WE can no longer just watch and wait for the corporate media to cover important topics, that is not their job anymore.

It is now our job to cover important topics and take them to the national level of discussion, on the internet...where we won the election....

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:41 AM

16. It's a secret

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 AM

18. SUPPORT OUR DEFENSE CONTRACTORS!

Oops, wrong bumper sticker.

K&R.

Reply to this post

Response to hay rick (Reply #18)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:01 PM

45. LOL!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 AM

19. Because on Sept 10, 2001

Rumsfeld testified to congress that the Pentagon had lost 2 Trillion dollars.

It kind of got lost in the news cycle the next day.

Reply to this post

Response to hootinholler (Reply #19)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:00 PM

22. A trillion here. A trillion there. What's the problem?

Reply to this post

Response to hootinholler (Reply #19)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:51 PM

40. Just another day in the MIC. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM

23. The average citizen is screwed. Beyond screwed.

Rising prices on EVERYTHING. What are our elected leaders doing about it?
So many people at work can't afford these energy prices, and it's 12 degress in the northeast right now.
Food prices, milk, etc, etc, etc.
And our taxes keep going up, up, up. What are we getting for it?
WE SHOULD BE MAD AS HECK.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:16 PM

26. K & R. Dead on. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:17 PM

27. How do we know this isn't symptomatic of the entire Federal Government?

I bet the whole place is a mess.

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #27)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 PM

35. You are probably correct in your surmise

There are most likely mistakes, fraud, and redundancy in many govt agency accounting efforts. However, the Pentagon and DHS are two agencies that are publicly known to fail to present full accounting for their agencies with the amounts totaling TRILLIONS of $$$$.

In a time when we talk about cutting help for the elderly, women & children, and the poor; after a war based on lies; after a decade of tax cuts for corporations that benefit the most from a strong world wide police force for their foreign subsidiaries; it's time to make sure that the agencies meant to defend America do not harm it by squandering large amounts of the American tax payers money (DEBT).

It's time to hold the pentagon & DHS accountable for the trillions in tax payers funds entrusted to them.

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #27)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:02 PM

46. It probably is, but Defense gets the big bucks.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:18 PM

28. K&R!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:19 PM

29. Link to WH petition: "Conduct a complete fiscal audit of all Military and DHS Spending."

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #29)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:50 PM

39. Signed it. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Scuba. /nt

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #39)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:06 PM

49. We also serve, who only sit and type.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:51 PM

41. Signed. nt

Reply to this post

Response to hay rick (Reply #41)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:08 PM

50. I'm #13.

And there are 14 already so far.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:09 PM

51. Signer #16....done. nt.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:58 PM

66. Signed it

Thanks for the link, it's hard to find on the site.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:23 PM

30. No accountability = Taxation without representation. I'll gladly sign.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:29 PM

31. Impose a windfall tax

on the war profiteers that are feasting their way through the largely unnecessary War on Terror.

Reply to this post

Response to JEB (Reply #31)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:35 PM

33. Smedley Butler suggested 100% tax on war profiteers during war, set price for commodities during war

He said this would end war forever.

Reply to this post

Response to Fight2Win (Reply #33)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:03 PM

47. Love me some Smedley Butler.

And another idea somebody on another site suggested a long time ago: Whenever this country contemplates going to war, it means there will be a draft, and a tax surcharge to pay for it. I always liked that.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:11 PM

53. +1,000

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:21 PM

54. It'd be extremely patriotic of the military industry corporations to do this too!

While American men and women are shedding sweat and blood for our nation the least corporations could do sacrifice their profits for the good of the nation during the times of war.

Reply to this post

Response to think (Reply #54)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:24 PM

75. yes

what they have been doing is extremely unpatriotic.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 PM

34. Another institution that is "too big to fail".

The DoD is a monster where you cut off one head and two more appear.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:42 PM

36. Because beating one's head against a brick wall...

... is tiring and painful.

We are a nation that has been taken over by War Pigs.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:45 PM

37. parasitic infestations, layers of them.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:55 PM

42. but... but... but.... haven't you heard the latest NEEOOOzzzzz uhbout TE'O???

reel-lllly

(ye lied uhbout gf!!!11!!111)

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:55 PM

43. Next, you'll want them to reduce the military bases in the red states!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:03 PM

48. K&R

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:10 PM

52. I'm with you, Fight2Win...

In my line of work, you can't even purchase as little as a pencil using federal grant money without filing a detailed purchase justification along with the original receipt! How do these bastards get off?

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:23 PM

56. HUGE K&R

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:28 PM

57. Only 20 more signatures required for the petition to reach 100,000.

I think the response is going to be quite interesting.

The link to the petition is in this reply.

Reply to this post

Response to Egalitarian Thug (Reply #57)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:37 PM

60. 20 signed. 99,980 to go. /nt

Reply to this post

Response to Egalitarian Thug (Reply #57)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 02:57 PM

68. Not 20, 99,977

Missed it by that much! Looks like you got the "sigs needed" confused with the sigs.

I'm signing this petition, that's 1 more, so 99,976 to go.

Reply to this post

Response to dreamnightwind (Reply #68)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 03:32 PM

70. Oops.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:31 PM

58. Too big to fail!

They also need to end some of these contracts that are cleaning out our treasury with no accounting.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:40 PM

61. Over Cheney's Dead Body

n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #61)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:49 PM

62. Could somebody please check his pulse.....

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:53 PM

64. We The People have lost our Democracy is why.

Our government including the military and DHS and most elected and appointed officials have interests at odds with the needs and wants of The People.

I would say that same as it ever was but the situation has grown ever worse since Carter, worse than I would have conceived 30 years ago when already age 30. Age 30 I was a fast track professional university grad and a career Fed (and resigned under Reagan).

We live in an unkind and unfair country and world. The corruption descends into our communities, neighborhoods, and often even families.

The military fetish is a major symptom and result as are fetishes for money and power.

Reply to this post

Response to PufPuf23 (Reply #64)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:27 PM

76. Yep, we are played like fools.

Party has become largely irrelevant when it comes to war, police state, and economic policies The theft and the bloodshed will continue, and corporate fascism will grow, until Americans stand up together and demand that it stop . That would require that we stop pretending that our side is not complicit. That goes for both Republicans and Democrats.

They win because they divide us. They laugh at us while predatory and warmongering policies escalate from administration to administration, but they can always count on half the country to circle the wagons around and protect *our* thieves and rationalize *our* warmongers.

Until both Republicans and Democrats across the country wake up and realize that we are being brainwashed to hate and attack each other instead of the ones who are looting us ALL and profiting from bloodshed in our name, the corporate takeover will continue.

Until Americans decide to stand up against what is clearly wrong no matter who is doing it, to resist the distractions and wedge issues that are constantly put before us, and to accept as allies against what is clearly wrong even those we have been trained to hate, we will never have the power and the numbers to defeat them.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 03:14 PM

69. 24 signatures as of 3:13 pm.

Not bad for just a few hours.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 03:36 PM

71. Cost-plus, no-bid contracts?

Having audited many small town governmental entities (counties, villages, school districts, etc) I saw them have policies requiring bidding at various levels of expenditures, like anything over $600 had to have 3 phone bids, over $5,000 had to have written bids and over $30,000 had to have sealed, written bids...
The obscene, ought-to-be-illegal profits of Halliburton-type defense contractors providing support(food & security) AND no audits is sick.

Reply to this post

Response to duhneece (Reply #71)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:41 PM

73. +100000

nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 07:48 PM

78. signed

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 07:50 PM

79. kick

nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 08:47 PM

80. The Audit Agencies have shrunk dramatically.

Used to work for the guy who found the 6 billion or so unaccounted for in Iraq.

The Audit Agencies of the government should be grown 10 times over what they are today. They would certainly pay for themselves.

I personally saved WAAAAY over 6 million in my 5 years I was there. Wish I'd have been paid on commission.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:38 PM

81. A 50% cut will get us to PRE 9-11 levels.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 AM

82. kick

nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 25, 2013, 09:21 AM

83. Kick

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 25, 2013, 06:59 PM

84. Only 36 signatures as of 7 pm today.

Come on, people! Sign! And tell your friends!

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:55 PM

85. we should not listen to one more Republican complain about the debt

until they are forced to answer to this.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 02:20 PM

86. signed and kicked

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:27 PM

87. Can we make Boehner answer to this? Limbaugh, Glenn Beck,Oreily??

I am so fucking sick of these hypocritical bastards!!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread