HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Potus To VP: ‘man-that’s ...

Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:22 AM

Potus To VP: ‘man-that’s one of the things I like about you; you say what’s on your mind.'

“We made a deal early on, when either one of us are dissatisfied we just flat tell the other person. And so one — lunch once a week, you know, that’s when we talk. And when he hasn’t liked something I’ve done, he just flat tells me. … He says, ‘Joe, look … I don’t agree with the way you did that. You, you know, why did you do A, B, C or D?’ Or he will say, or I will say, ‘Hey, look, man, I don’t like the way this is going’ — so there’s complete openness.”

And that gay marriage episode — in which Biden expressed his support for gay marriage before the president had revealed his own support — actually didn’t upset Obama, contrary to some reports.
“I walked into the office and he got up, smiled, gave me a big hug and he said, ‘Now, I’ll tell you what, man, that’s one of the things I like about you; you say what’s on your mind.’” The episode did rankle some White House staffers, but not the president, Biden told CNN.

“It did, but not with him. Not with him.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/biden-discusses-obama-relationship-86544.html#ixzz2IiZhyzmR

2 replies, 980 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Potus To VP: ‘man-that’s one of the things I like about you; you say what’s on your mind.' (Original post)
kpete Jan 2013 OP
SpartanDem Jan 2013 #1
Hekate Jan 2013 #2

Response to kpete (Original post)

Tue Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 PM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kpete (Original post)

Tue Jan 22, 2013, 01:47 PM

2. I think that's what all of us like about Joe

I've had the sense all along that he and the president know and appreciate each other very well, and this confirms it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread