HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Email response from JC Pe...

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:37 PM

Email response from JC Penny Re: big gun ,little dick man in store

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your concerns surrounding the recent events at our Riverdale, UT location.

We have shared your concerns with the appropriate departments and would like to assure you that our stores leaders and team members will continue to take the appropriate precautions to ensure that our customers safety remains a top priority.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and for your feedback. You are an important customer.

and no, I did not call him that to them. But I did send them a link to video of the fools negligent firing and shooting themselves, as well as a link to the accidents on gun appreciation day to show them why we are concerned. I know they probably won't go to the link, but sent it anyway.

13 replies, 1530 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Email response from JC Penny Re: big gun ,little dick man in store (Original post)
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 OP
tblue Jan 2013 #1
arely staircase Jan 2013 #2
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 #3
TheCowsCameHome Jan 2013 #4
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 #6
Berserker Jan 2013 #8
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 #9
TeamPooka Jan 2013 #12
rgbecker Jan 2013 #5
RC Jan 2013 #7
MineralMan Jan 2013 #10
HiPointDem Jan 2013 #11
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 #13

Response to 2pooped2pop (Original post)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:41 PM

1. Could they have said anything less?

That was a letter that said nothing. "will continue to take the appropriate precautions"? Continue? Iow, the policy remains as is. If you don't feel safer now, shop someplace else.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tblue (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:43 PM

2. i know

so what happened was an example of taking appropriate precautions? since they will "continue" to take them?

Reply to this post

Response to tblue (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:49 PM

3. Oh, I know it means nothing. Just posted as fyi type thing

Hopefully many other people complained too. It is within the stores abilities to put restrictions on guns in stores.

I know that they certainly don't want to rile up the right anymore while they are still getting crap from them for Ellen. But they need to know that, uncomfortable or not, they need to take a stand. All stores do.

Gun man or the rest of us?

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 PM

4. Perhaps

if they thought you were an ex-customer they would play a different tune.

The first time I go into a store and find a asshat like that strutting his steel dick, they can color me gone until they change their policy.

Reply to this post

Response to TheCowsCameHome (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:01 PM

6. Yes, I told them that I will not shop there again until I see a sign on the

door saying no guns.

Reply to this post

Response to 2pooped2pop (Reply #6)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:46 PM

8. They also realize

That there are millions of CCW holders that will shop elsewhere if they post that sign. You may think you are fighting the good fight but so does the other side of the debate. All the hate and name calling does no good and will not stop the violence in this country.

Many liberals including myself think that displaying weapons in a shopping mall or walking down a city street just to provoke the police is beyond stupidity in light of all that's happened in our country.

I believe open carry should not be allowed within city limits, this in itself would stop this provocation.
Although I do believe in and practice concealed carry as do millions of other men and women in this country we will do all we can to keep our rights. So let the name calling begin I am sure it will solve all your problems.

Reply to this post

Response to Berserker (Reply #8)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:58 PM

9. yep, I have decided that I wish all people to keep their guns

at their homes or the very least, their own vehicles or business that they themselves own.

I just can't afford a gun asshole to allow it to go off because he's a fucking moron. Yep. That is what I have decided.

And if you feel that you need a fucking military rifle to shop at JC Penny, then I feel a little sorry for ya, but still don't want you there.

Reply to this post

Response to 2pooped2pop (Reply #9)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:16 PM

12. I'm with you. This is not the wild west even if the gun nuts want it to be.

and if that other guy doesn't want to shop at a store concerned for everyone's safety and not the ego of one customer then by all means shop at some place that embraces the idea of a store full of armed customers.
Good luck finding that place...

If you as a person seriously think you need an AR-15 to shop at a JC Penny then you really shouldn't be allowed to have any guns.
And you should probably order everything you need online.
Because you are denying the basic essential truth of our civilized society:
You're safe, you can go where you want and do what you want.
Especially in Utah.
Now if you were in South Central LA or Washington DC you might be in danger but those are the places where they ARE trying to get rid of the guns so people can walk down the street or sit on their porch safely.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:57 PM

5. I sent the link on DU to the Myspace pictures.

Got same response.

I'm confident they will take a look at their policies.

People are worked up about 20 dead 6 year olds.

Reply to this post

Response to rgbecker (Reply #5)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:10 PM

7. The miracle is that it hasn't gone down the memory hole yet.

It could be this time, some actual workable gun/weapons control laws will come out of a gun caused massacre. One can hope.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:04 PM

10. Fortunately, it's a rare event when a moron straps his rifle

to his back and goes shopping in JC Penney. I doubt they'll make a new policy about it. Still, I wonder what would have happened if it had been a person with dark skin and hair who tried that there in Utah. I think it might have ended differently.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:08 PM

11. i think it's odd we haven't heard anything further about that guy. like who he was.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #11)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:17 PM

13. actually

there was a post about him. Said his website had not been touched in 3 years and it said that he wanted to join the marines. Now, 3 short years later he says he is an ex marine.
That doesn't add up unless he was discharged early.

He is 22 years old.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread